Chapter 8: Bullshit. You like her, don't you

Today was one of the colder days in Liberio, even if it was the middle of spring. So, once you entered through the door, the warmer temperature made you smile in satisfaction, the goosebumps on your skin slowly disappearing. However, you didn't have time to think about the warm atmosphere, as there were many more exciting things to come. Gabi put her hand on your chin, guiding your vision upwards. Your eyes widened in disbelief, taking in the breathtaking scene. There was a giant ballroom, with lovely furniture scattered throughout it. Not to mention how there was a grand piano right in the middle of the room, just waiting to be played. More people, such as ambassadors visiting the city, started to pile into the area, as the party had officially begun. The whole place was so big, though. Meaning that hundreds of people could come in and there would be no problem whatsoever.

To any wealthy individuals, this whole thing wouldn't be so special to them. After all, they've probably had way better. To people like you though, the average ones who had enough money to survive, but not to spend, this was a new experience. An amazing one, to be specific. And here's the thing, filthy rich people like the Tyburs got to live this extravagant lifestyle every day while someone next door was starving. Back in the Mid-east, you had many rich citizens like them. No matter how desperate the pleas of the people were, they never seemed to care about anybody in a lower class than them. On the other hand, individuals like your parents would always try to help the poor, even if they didn't have much cash themselves. That's why you respected them greatly, and hoped that one day you would help the public too.

"Wow, this place is awesome," Gabi mumbled, looking around in amazement.

"Yeah," you replied, looking at her and smiling.

While Gabi was busy admiring the place, you grabbed a water bottle from your bag, throwing it up into the air and catching it. As you threw it with more force, making the bottle almost touch the ceiling, you were caught off guard as somebody grabbed it mid-air. Your first thought was Eren Jaeger, causing you to turn around in fear. You quickly relaxed, though, finding out it was just Zofia, who had the bottle in her hand. Udo and Falco were behind her, also dressed up in their attire.

"I've heard the Tyburs are loaded. There was a rumor that they had more money than every single Marleyan combined. "Zofia overheard our conversation.

"Do you think they might want an extra sibling in the family?" You asked, smirking while wrapping your arm around Zofia's shoulder.

"I'll volunteer." Gabi raised her hand.

"Same here," Falco said, chuckling.

"You two want to be siblings? You'll have to check the Marleyan laws to see if incest is allowed," you spoke.

"Ha ha, very funny," Gabi muttered, her tone laced with sarcasm.

"We need to start working soon anyways," Falco interrupted, earning nods from everybody.

As you were about to follow the others, who had already left, Udo grabbed your arm, pulling you aside. At first, you were confused about what he wanted to say. You then mentally groaned in frustration, realizing it was probably about the stupid letter.

"So? What did it say, "he asked, a smile growing on his face.

"It turns out he was actually telling the truth. It was just some letters to his family, asking if they were okay and stuff. "

"Wow, boring," he said, looking disappointed.

"Sorry it's not interesting enough for you. Maybe next time you can steal a letter from another suspicious man. "You narrowed your eyes at the boy.

"Jeez, no need to be so defensive," Udo mumbled, before walking away and leaving you alone.

Soon enough, you decided to follow the others. After all, you had no clue what to do at this dinner party. You obviously couldn't have fun, because for some reason, the Marleyans didn't like Eldians doing that. Therefore, you realized you would just have to work for a couple of hours. You didn't want to do it, but hey, beggars can't be choosers.