Chapter 11: this is a one time thing, got it?

"Hi," you said, still feeling extremely awkward around him. Especially since the events that occurred the previous night.

"Hey. Do you want to stroll around Liberio with me? " He asked, crossing his arms. You knew what he meant, but still accepted the offer, nodding.

Udo started to move, with you trudging beside him, trying to keep up with his fast walking pace. At first, the two of you were completely silent, unsure of how to start the conversation. The only noise that was emitted through your ears were your crutches, which created the sound of a thud every time they made contact with the ground.

Finally, Udo took his eyes away from the floor, directing them to you instead.

"So? What's the plan? " He questioned, tucking a loose strand of hair behind his ear.

It didn't look like it, but in reality, you had spent lots of time thinking about that exact thing. If anyone had even noticed, over the course of the past few days you started to drink coffee, the bitter taste of the liquid supplying your lack of sleep. Actually, ever since you opened that letter, you haven't been able to properly rest, due to constantly being filled with paranoia and fear. Once your head was resting against the soft material of a pillow and you closed your eyes, the racing thoughts in your head would forbid you from doing anything but lying awake. That's why you spent your nights doing more productive activities, such as creating a strategy to save yourself from your terrifying fate of death.

For the next couple of minutes, you explained the whole thing to Udo, with him attentively listening.

"On the night of the speech, stay in your seat with the others, pretending as if nothing is happening. I'll be keeping guard outside the stadium, keeping an eye out for any suspicious people. If Eren's plan does follow through, and the attack really does happen, you will need to gather your friends and meet up with me, so we can all go to a shelter for safety and wait until everything is over. "

Although Udo was hesitant at first, he eventually agreed, slowly nodding his head. After all, it was the only plan we really had. You couldn't blame him for being unsure, though, because the whole strategy was flawed in many aspects. It was also fairly simple, but you couldn't get too specific because anything could happen that night, which meant the plan could change drastically.

"Okay, I think I understand. We can go more into detail about it before the speech, "Udo said, looking somewhat nervous, but at the same time, confident.

You both returned to painfully awkward silence as soon as you got that out of the way, looking at the festival scenery as a form of distraction. Fortunately, when trudging along the corner of a street, you two were met by Zofia and Falco, who automatically saved the situation. Once they noticed you, they excitedly waved while wearing bright smiles on their faces.

"Hey! How are you guys? " Zofia asked. She definitely seemed to be in a very good mood, due to being more energetic than usual.

"Good," you and Udo simultaneously answered, causing Zofia to let out a soft laugh.

"Is Gabi here?" Falco asked, looking around for the brown-haired girl.

"She's still asleep," you explained, recalling back to this morning.

Before Falco was able to answer, presumably going to ask if he could wake her up, he got interrupted by Udo, who had another idea in mind.

"We'll get her later." Falco wore a disappointed look, quickly replacing it so you all didn't suspect he liked Gabi, as if it wasn't already obvious. "Man, I'm starving! Is there any food? " Udo asked, placing his hand over his stomach.