Prologue

Your whole life, you had been labeled as a villain.

On the battlefield, your comrades would constantly distance themselves from you.

Even your family, whom you loved dearly, would call you the degrading name during a large quarrel.

No matter who it was, the word would someday escape their throats.

Ever since you were merely a young child, you never understood why the people you trusted would think of you in such negative ways.

Perhaps terrifying thoughts plagued their minds. Thoughts that you would someday snap, murdering everybody around you.

You didn't blame them, of course. You had been trained at a young age to become a mindless killing machine.

However, nobody knew that underneath that layer of evil, there was secretly a pure, yet misunderstood kid.

One that would cry when a bird flew into the window.

One that would hand their leftover food to less fortunate individuals.

One that would give unknown people compliments, just for the sake of seeing their faces light up with joy.

There were so many amazing aspects to you, yet they were all overshadowed by your flawed traits.

Over time, that small string of hope you hung onto, one that convinced yourself you were a good person, disappeared, like smoke in the wind.

A villain was what you truly were, and deep down, you knew that could never change.