Chapter 15: We're kinda like Dr. Watson and Sherlock Holmes

The two of you emerged from the shadows, immediately catching everybody's attention. Some had surprised reactions, while others looked angry. You gazed at each and every individual there, storing their appearances in your memory. After all, who knew when information like that would come into your favour?

One thing you noticed was that this area was full of rookie soldiers, looking inexperienced from a mere first glance.

Suddenly, you felt a firm grip on your shoulder, causing you to abruptly turn around and be face to face with a member of the survey corps. You wondered how he managed to teleport from one roof to another in the span of a minute, but vaguely saw the tanks of gas fastened onto the sides of his legs, recognizing that it was 'odm gear'. You had learnt about it at school, so you were able to easily recognize the useful gadget. From what you knew, the equipment served as a body harness, allowing the user to easily travel throughout the air.

"What the hell are you kids doing here?!"

The night sky had somehow turned increasingly dark in the past few minutes, and soon enough, it became pitch black. That alone made it frustratingly hard to see anything, and you solely relied on the senses of touch and hearing. Now, a random person was yelling in your ear, and you could only make out his intense, brown eyes, which were the color of burnt umber.

"Sir, we can't even distunish who you are. Please turn on a light or something, "Udo interrupted, a slight quiver present in his voice.

He let out a huff of annoyance before holding a lantern up to him, turning it on. You heard the faint sound of a click before a bright illumination clouded your vision, making you wince. Once the blinding light dimmed, you finally regained sight, and your jaw clenched when you saw the guy in front of you.

Very tall man... Having light brown hair... Styled in a mullet... A goatee... Complementing his long face.

"Why hello there, Jean Kirstein." Your voice had a sharp tone to it, expressing great annoyance. Udo stared at you in confusion, like a cat trying to chase a laser. Of course, he didn't know about your lovely, war criminal friend.

"I suggest you go back to your family and friends, or I'll throw you off this rooftop myself," he uttered, his nonchalant expression staying the same.

"Yeah? Well, I suggest you go fuck yourself. " You stuck up your middle finger, holding it up to Jean's face and wearing a smile.

All of a sudden, an echoing sound, similar to a sword slash, pierced your ears, forcing you to turn your attention away from the older man. Feeling a sense of curiosity, you looked to your side, causing Udo to come into your view. His head was leaned back and he looked upwards, having an agape mouth. You mimicked his actions, and quickly figured out the source of the unknown noise.

"Holy shit," both of you muttered in unison, your words laced with an element of pure astonishment.

It was like an image from a dream, so perfectly composed that it had to be fake. The young woman elegantly flew through the air, holding out her blades at a perfect angle so they didn't get caught in the wind. Her pale face barely held any emotion, only furrowed eyebrows from focus. Her ebony locks were flying in all sorts of directions, yet still didn't look disheveled. Her tall and well-toned figure made her look ten times stronger than she already was, and she could probably beat your ass in a short amount of time.

The lady landed on the rooftop you stood on, approaching Jean while wiping away the beads of sweat on her forehead. They both exchanged smiles before she noticed your presence, switching glances between you and Udo.

"Who the hell are those guys?" She whispered to Jean, crossing her arms. Her voice was quiet, yet loud enough for you to overhear her question.

Before he could respond, you interrupted him, having no shame for your lack of civility. "Two of the many victims of your attack on Liberio, if you couldn't already tell ma'am."