Chapter 9: I don't really feel any.. romantic attraction towards you

You turned around, being face to face with an extremely worried Udo. At first, you were confused as to how he found you, due to being pretty far away from the mansion. Although, looking down, you realized you had left a trail of blood behind.

"Do you need anything?" You asked, raising an eyebrow.

Udo ignored your question, instead approaching you even more, taking your arm, and slinging it across his shoulder. He placed his hand on your side, being a form of support so you didn't lose balance. Both of you took step after step, still not being bothered to utter a single word. The only thing that saved the painful silence was your blood dripping onto the ground, which also created a large mess all over your clothes.

Finally, Udo was the first to speak, turning his head to glance at you.

"Why did you do it?" he asked, returning to his downwards gaze.

"Hm?" You replied, not hearing a word he said. Maybe deafness is a common symptom of blood loss. Probably not though...

"You saved me from that man." Visible tears started to form in Udo's eyes and roll down his cheeks.

"I know, I know. I'm a pretty good person. " You snickered, wincing from pain right after.

"You're an idiot for helping me out back there." Udo smiled at you, the glint in his eyes being one of pure misery.

"Come on, stop being so melancholy. I'm fine, just a few injuries. "

"Oh, yeah. I totally believe you. "

"What lengths do I need to go to prove that I'm okay?"

"I don't know, run around that field?" He mumbled, obviously joking around.

"Your wish is my command then, "you spoke, taking off your footwear and harshly throwing it at him. After all, they were pretty fancy, and you didn't want them to get dirty.

"For the love of god, please don't, "Udo mumbled, reaching out his arm in an attempt to grab you.

It was too late though, you had already marched off into the distance.

You were able to listen to the birds chirping, feel the gusts of wind hit your face, and faintly hear Udo yell out your name. Fortunately, unlike your face, your legs probably didn't sustain too much damage, allowing you to move them somewhat. That didn't stop the growing pain forming in them, though, making you mutter a variety of curse words under your breath. Quite frankly, this was probably the stupidest decision you've ever made, and you've made a lot of questionable choices throughout your life. Who could blame you though? After a near-death experience, anybody would become way more impulsive, not to mention annoying, than usual.

Eventually, your fragile, injured legs couldn't handle it anymore. You stopped in your tracks, placing your hands on your knees and trying to catch your breath. Udo finally caught up to you, having an angry look on his face like he was a mother, scolding their child for misbehaving. After you were finished panting for air, he handed you back your shoes, rolling his eyes in the process.

"See? I'm all good, "you said, giving him a thumbs up.

"Mhm. You're going to die of blood loss soon, so we need to go now, "Udo replied, grabbing your arm and once again, putting it around his neck.

"Yeah, I'm already starting to feel some of the symptoms."

"Which ones?" Udo asked, slightly panicking.

On cue, you stumbled over your feet, almost falling to the ground. Thankfully, you were able to quickly regain your balance, saving you from embarrassment. Although you tried to play it off, acting as if that whole thing didn't just happen, Udo had already noticed it, causing him to be even more worried than before. He clinged onto you harder, also walking at a faster pace. Udo proposed that you two stay at his house while he helps you out, but you explained that staying at Gabi's house would be the better option. You weren't sure if Gabi would be home, but you assumed not, due to the fact that, as a waiter, she would need to stay until the dinner party ended. You and Udo would probably get in trouble for leaving, but you were sure that you had a valid excuse to depart.