Chapter Forty-Three

Arvi

Arjun presses his lips to mine but pulls when I tilt my head to deepen the kiss. My eyes snap open in confusion. "Arjun?" I whisper.

"Am I rushing you into this?" he asks, his face taken over by concern. "I didn't tell you for so long, because I didn't want you to overthink this and go into a shell. I don't know what came over me today..." he sighs, rubbing his face. "Take all the time you want, Arvi, but please don't overthink this. I only told you— I don't know why I told you—"

I shut him up with a kiss. A proper kiss, like Arjun says. I cup his face, tracing his jawline with my thumb as I move my lips against his, feeling the butterflies dance in my stomach as I pull him closer. I slide my hands around his broad shoulders, trying to pull him even more close to me, but our position doesn't allow it as we sit next to each other.

I pull away when I can't go closer to him, taking a second to regain my breath before opening my eyes to a smiling Arjun.

"Did that tell you anything?" I ask him.

"Do you think you'll be able to love me?"

The direct question catches me off-guard, causing my breath to hitch for a minute second. But something— no, everything about Arjun today, when he's vulnerable, real, makes me nod. As I answer his question, I know in my bones that I am there, all I need now is the strength to admit it to myself, and to him.

"Say it," he insists, cupping my face to make me look at him.

I hold his hand and kiss his palm. "I know I will love you," I promise him.

"Then it told me what I need to know." A grin stretches onto his face, making my insides warm. I kiss his cheek, on an impulse.

"Why are you so cute?"

"I'm not cute," Arjun scoffs, pushing my hands away from his face, making me gape at him.

"What? I'm not allowed to touch you now?"

"Of course you can touch me, baby," he teases, leaning closer to me with not very dignified intentions. "I'm all yours after all," he whispers, placing a hand on the small of my back, preventing me from leaning away further. He nips my nose, making me gasp.

He chuckles, backing away. "For our honeymoon, we're going to a destination of my choice," he says, decidedly.

"What? No!" I protest, totally snapping out of the previous conversation. "But why?"

"Because I said so," is his very meaningful response.

"Because I said so," I mock and stick my tongue out at him. "Where do you want to go?"

"Secret," he whispers, his eyes twinkling with mischief as he gets off the wooden bench.

"Arjun," I whine, getting off, myself. "Tell me!"

"No," he refuses.

I pout, scowling as I fold my arms over my chest. "Who says you get to pick out a honeymoon destination?" I demand. "Is this your way of saying you're going to be a dominating husband?"

Arjun mocks my pout, shaking his head tauntingly as one does with babies and pokes my cheek. "Look at your cheeks, all puffed up, like Vithi. Which one of you influences the other?"

I stick my tongue out at him. "That's between us," I respond, haughtily. "You tell me where we're going!"

"No," he refuses bluntly, once again.

"Arjun!" I stomp my feet, knowing I look like a five-year-old, but what should I do? Arjun's being an arse!

Arjun presses his palm against the table, and leans against it, smirking. "I didn't know you were that excited about our honeymoon, baby."