Chapter Sixty-Two

Arvi

I wake up to Arjun poking my cheek and groan in annoyance. "Let me sleep, Arjun."

"Are you actually here?" he asks, poking my cheek again.

I open my eyes, making sure to convey my displeasure at being woken up in this manner. "Could you be poking my hologram's cheek?"

Arjun blinks, squeezing his eyes before he opens them. "So you're here? Like, actually? With all of your sarcasm and sass?"

I can't help the chuckle that escapes me. "I almost couldn't fit them on the plane, but they made it too," I tell him, turning to face him.

I open my arms for him, smiling through my itchy eyes.

My husband moves into my arms, resting his head on my chest before pressing a kiss onto my boob. "I'm sorry about everything I said last night," he apologises, his tone low and guilty.

I shake my head. "Let's talk about it when I'm well-rested, please," I request, pressing a kiss onto the top of his head. "Go back to sleep for a bit."

"I love you very much," he professes, rubbing his stubby beard against my skin, tickling me as he raises his head to kiss my neck.

I giggle at being tickled. "I love you," I whisper back.

"Why are you like this, Janaki?" he whispers, just as I'm about to slip back into my sleep. "You travelled all the way to see me when I said all those hurtful things?"

"Junnu," I scold lightly. "I travelled all the way to see my husband who said he needs me. You were overwhelmed with emotion. Don't beat yourself up about it."

"You had to travel overnight—"

"Please," I scoff, trying to finish speaking as my eyes close upon themselves. "I saw an opportunity to come see you and I took it. Hardly matters what time it was."

"But—"

I close Arjun's mouth with my palm. "Shhhh. Let me sleep, I can't focus."

When I wake up, I feel Arjun's absence before the harsh sunlight that bursts through the room's curtains. I feel a headache brewing as I groan and turn away from the curtain, wondering where my dearest husband could be, leaving me alone on this huge bed.

"Arjun!" I groan, pulling the comforter over my shoulder.

"Yes, ma'am?" he responds from within the room, causing my eyes to open within a beat.

"Oh, you're here," I realise, finding him on the couch with his laptop.

Arjun grins, one side of his lips quirking up in mischief. A longing rages in my heart at the sight. How had I managed to stay away from this beautiful specimen of a human for so long?

"Can you come back to bed for five minutes?" I request, scooting back to give him space.

"How can I say 'no' to my Janaki?" He wonders out loud as he puts his laptop away and jumps onto the bed, causing me to scrunch my nose in displeasure, but the feeling quickly vanishes as he begins to paste kisses on my face, making me giggle.

"Junnu!" I squeal as his arms come around me. "I asked you to come to bed to cuddle!" I hold his arms to pull them away in case he decides to tickle me.

"Okay, okay," he chuckles melodiously, but presses a last kiss between my neck and shoulder before moving back to look at my face.

The wildling brushes my hair off my face and smiles fully. "Hello," he greets in a soft, cheery tone.