Chapter 14

"Physically, everything checks out. Her aura seemed to be responding to stimuli normally if slightly slow, and there is nothing wrong with her body." Watts said to the black queen.

"I see. What of her mental state? You've only reported on her physical well-being." Salem asked narrowing her eyes. She filed the aura bit away for later. Something about all of this felt off to the immortal witch.

Arthur Watts frowned. "Her mental state is what I'm unsure of. A full psychological evaluation would take time and different instruments than what we have here. She said that everything was fine, but as you must have seen earlier that is not the case." He said maintaining his frown.

"That is worrisome." Salem said from her throne. Bridging her hands together in her lap, she looked towards one of the windows. 'First Tyrian disappears, and now Cinder is under questionable health… all of this occurring because of two new unknowns… where could they have come from. Staying completely off the grid until this point would be nearly impossible. Has Ozma been hiding them?' She thought to herself before realizing Watts was still there. "Unless you have anything else to report you are dismissed. Send Cinder in after you and inform Hazel I need to see him when he returns."

"Of course, mam." Watts said with a slight bow of the head before leaving.

'What is this feeling I'm getting… I haven't felt this way in a long time…' She thought before shaking her head and redonning her calm mask. Such thoughts could wait until after dealing with her subordinates.

Within a few seconds the fall half-maiden stood before her.

"Cinder." She addressed looking the girl over. "Arthur tells me you're well as far as his tests can tell. Is there anything else you think may need to be assessed before sending you back to Vale?"

Cinder's eyes momentarily darted down before looking back towards the woman before her. "N-no mam." She said wincing at her stutter.

"Cinder. Look into my eyes." She commanded.

Slowly dull amber eyes met red in pools of black.

"Don't lie to me. Are you ready to go back?"

"… No…" Cinder admitted looking down in shame.

"Raise your head Cinder." Salem said.

"What happened? From what your subordinates reported, there was no fight, you just suddenly collapsed."

"I… I'm not entirely sure… everything was going according to plan, but… he looked at me and everything turned red."

Break

The Docks

"By the way where's Blake?"

Weiss and Yang paused at that. Yang narrowed her eyes slightly and Weiss turned around.

"Let's go find out. I'm very curious as to why she'd leave you alone with terrorist scum like him anyways." Weiss said as she started walking back from where they came.

"Hey! He wasn't that bad…" Ruby said poking her fingers together.

"Ruby understand this from someone who has a normal view on life. No offence. Most people wouldn't want to be left alone with a hostile terrorist. You my dunce of a partner are the biggest exception I've ever seen." Weiss said as calmly as she could.