Chapter 5

With Ruby

'Well that was fun I guess.' Ruby thought skipping through the halls to her dorm.

When she got there, she was met with stares from her three teammates.

"Hey guys." Ruby said happily falling into the empty bed.

"Hey Rubes, what'd the headmaster want?" Yang asked curiously.

"He wanted to ask me about Itachi and Kisame." Ruby said simply immediately catching Yang's interest.

"Why did he want to ask you about them?" Yang asked.

"Something about initiation. They were in the forest during the initiation, so he wanted to know if I could contact them yadda yadda yadda." Ruby finished lazily enjoying her soft bed.

Weiss finally spoke up. "Who are they?" She asked.

"Friends of mine." Ruby said immediately upbeat again. Weiss and Ruby missed Yang's wince, but Blake didn't.

"Why were they in the forest?" Blake asked still looking at Yang.

"They wanted to see what the initiation was when I mentioned it to them, so they came to see it." Ruby answered.

"Right… Ruby why don't you go take a shower, you're still in the clothes you wore during initiation." Yang suggested. Ruby sighed but got up and went into the bathroom.

When she heard the sound of running water Yang looked to the other two.

"I know we just met, but I need to ask you a favor." She said to the other two.

"What kind of favor?" Weiss asked.

"I need to keep her away from those 'friends' of hers. I don't trust them. They're older guys, and I don't think a girl like Ruby should be hanging out with people like them." Yang said.

"Ruby does seem like the kind of girl who would befriend just about anyone, so I can see what you're worried about, but why don't you trust them?" Blake asked.

"Well I met them yesterday when we were in Vale, and they were getting way too close to her if you know what I'm saying." Yang said thinking of the blush Ruby wore, and the laughing from the blue one when she first saw them.

The other two just nodded. "Alright we'll keep an eye on her in case you aren't around." Blake said.

Yang looked thankful but couldn't say anything because the bathroom door opened up revealing a fresher Ruby.

"Alright guys we should get to sleep we have classes tomorrow morning." Ruby said yawning.

With that the newly formed team went to sleep.

Break

With Kisame and Itachi

"What's on the agenda today?" Kisame asked as they walked through the mostly empty streets of Vale.

"Well I suppose we should continue with our observations of Vale since that's the closest major city. We know Beacon can't be trusted, but we don't know much about Vale itself." Itachi said.

"See what we can find out in the city itself then?" Kisame asked before grinning. "If you want to know something in a city ask the rats."

"Let's see if this young lady can help us with that." Itachi said.

In her defense Neo was doing a much better job at stealthily trailing the two, but against real ninja there isn't much she can hope to accomplish.

"Yes it seems our illusion making friend might be of assistance." Kisame agreed before the two seemingly disappeared.