Chapter 15

Quiet.

It was a comfort she'd sought for the longest time. A quiet place to hide. A quiet place to relax. To read. A quiet mind… but now, it was deafening. Never before had the silence she sought sounded so loud.

'It was a week ago now.' She mused to herself. Her books no longer held her interest or her focus. Her team was rightfully distant with her. In their shoes she'd have done the same thing. If there was one thing the silence brought on it was time to think. What is she doing, what has she done, and more importantly, what next? She had covered her ears so people could judge her for who she was instead of her heritage, and what happened? Her teammates found out her secret and past, but they didn't resent it or really seem to care for the most part. No… the distance now was purely based on her actions, and they spoke much louder than her own words ever did.

'Good job Blake… you really mucked up this one.' She thought with a sigh. She had found herself a small spot in the library near one of the larger windows, and was sitting on the sill just staring outside, one leg pulled up and clutched to her chest with the other swaying below. 'I don't think I could've asked for a better team when it came down to it. Now Ruby's in and out constantly. At this point Yang's just seen fit to let her do as she pleases while she tears apart the training rooms. Weiss is usually in the room doing Weissly things. At this point we aren't much of a team anymore… maybe it'll be better if I just-'

Bzzt Bzzt

'Hmm?' Fishing out her scroll she saw a message from… Ruby.

R: Team meeting in 20 minutes. Dorm room. Get Yang on your way back.

"Well that's an order if I've ever read one." She muttered, slowly standing from her perch. 'Now I just need to go grab my unhappy partner. Great.'

Without anyone's notice Blake slunk out into the hallway and on towards the probable location of her partner. 'This time of day she'd probably be around the gym area… unless she went out into Vale to enjoy her weekend.'

Lost in her thoughts as it were, she almost walked into a very familiar bespectacled man.

"Careful Ms. Belladonna, you should try to be more attentive of your surroundings." A voice chided snapping her out of her thoughts.

"Oh, I'm sorry Professor Ozpin. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." She said lamely. 'Of all the times to not be paying attention.'

"Something on your mind?" He asked shifting the cane in his hand slightly.

Blake eyed the cane for the weapon it was along with the possibility that he'd found out her secret. The White Fang one, not the Faunus part. "I've just been a little stressed recently is all." She offered with an awkward half-smile.

"I see. As you might have seen I make it a habit of walking around academy grounds from time to time." The headmaster said looking to the surrounding hall as if to prove his point. A point she wasn't quite aware of yet.

"Professor?"

"I've noticed that your team has been distant recently. Not only with your classmates, but each other." He said making her tense up. "Calm down you aren't in trouble this is merely an old man's observations." He said with a small smile.

With that statement the not-so-secret cat Faunus relaxed if only minutely.

"It's interesting." The headmaster said looking off at something she couldn't see. "There was an incident down at the docks almost a week ago with reports of loud gunfire and explosions. By the time authorities arrived the area was empty of people, but there were obvious signs of conflict. With so little being stolen I can only speculate what happened down there. The occasional White Fang mask left behind certainly helped paint a picture, but the evidence shown can only lead so far. Around that same time your team seems to have closed its borders to everyone." He mused, never turning his gaze towards her own.