Chapter 8

With RWBY

"Yang! Quiet down it's getting late!" Weiss hissed. Ruby looked to Weiss in gratitude before her glare was leveled on the hooded reaper. "Now would you mind telling us where you've been? JNPR and the rest of us were looking around the school and Emerald Forest all day." She "asked" her team leader.

Ruby smiled awkwardly while contemplating how to tell her team without them freaking out. Safe to say she couldn't think of anything. "Well you see I may have sort of been with Itachi and Kisame all day." She said quickly. Unfortunately, but not unsurprisingly, they freaked out. Well Yang did.

"You mean to tell me that you dropped everything and made us all worry just so you could go see those guys!" Yang yelled. Even after the sparring match she still didn't trust the two. If anything, her distrust had grown. People say you can learn a lot about a person by the way they fight. Yang didn't really like what she personally saw.

"I left my note like usual." Ruby said growing annoyed. It was the phone call all over again except she couldn't hang up.

"But you usually say where you're going in those notes." Yang retorted.

"Like I said earlier I didn't know where I was going when I wrote the note." She crossed her arms pouting. "Why're you so hung up on them anyways?" She asked seriously.

Yang's eyes narrowed slightly. "You want to know the truth Ruby?" She asked receiving a nod. "I'm scared! There I said it! When we fought them the other day they weren't even fighting seriously, and they still beat us."

'You don't know the half of it.' Ruby thought to herself as Yang continued.

"The worst part is that despite how dangerous they are you keep running after them! Even if I could keep track of you, I know I can't protect you from them!" She yelled her lilac eyes turning red.

"Then don't." She said simply making Yang freeze.

"What do you mean don't?"

"Don't try and protect me from them. You're being an overprotective sister like you always have been, and that's fine, but you forget that I know how to take care of myself… most of the time, so why not be protective when I actually need it and stop worrying yourself over my friends." Ruby answered looking Yang straight in the eyes.

"Because it's obvious that you don't realize that right now you do need protection. They're strong Ruby, dangerously so. I'd even go so far as to say they're on the level of huntsmen like Uncle Qrow." Yang accused her voice rising each sentence.

With how close Ruby was to their uncle Yang thought she would outright deny it, but Ruby didn't say anything and looked like she was thinking, which worried Yang even more.

'Honestly… I don't know if Uncle Qrow could take them.' She thought to herself.

"Now hold on Yang I wouldn't go that far." The heiress stepped in. "I mean sure they're powerful, but do you seriously think they're professional huntsmen level?" With the way they talked about him it was safe to assume that this Qrow was a strong huntsman.

"I can see it." Blake added. "I don't have a lot of experience with professional huntsmen and huntresses, but they are from outside the kingdoms. Anyone who can survive most of their lives out there is at the very least tough… or very lucky, but I'd bet on the former rather than the latter after our 'spar'." Blake added with air quotes.

'Well this is happening…' Ruby thought to herself. 'At least they aren't getting accused of killing people that's a plus I guess.'

"Yang." Ruby said stepping right up to her sister. "Even though I haven't known them long, and even though you're right about them being dangerous, that doesn't change the fact that I trust them."