Chapter 32

The Blue Eagle's training ended and all of them were taking a shower already. Axel went out of the shower room, looking fresh. I looked away because he looked so fucking attractive by just drying his hair with a towel. How can someone look that way by just doing nothing? I should be mad at him! But here he is, being so damn handsome as ever.

"Tara na?" I went near him, he's fixing his bag. He just nodded and followed me.

"May team dinner daw tayo. Saan ka pupunta?" Sinalubong kami ni Dylan kaya napatigil kami parehas sa paglalakad.

"Kung saan wala ka. Will you please excuse us?" Axel said to him in an irritated manner and with a sharp look in his eyes.

"Let's go." I held Axel's hand. Dylan subtly looked at our hands. "Una na kami." I forced a smile, he just nodded. That was our cue to walk away already.

On our way to our house, we're both quiet. Only the songs that are playing on the car's radio can be heard. I was too focused on the road and he had his gaze outside.

I turned off the engine when we arrived at our house. Bumaba kaming dalawa and Waffle immediately welcomed us. I immediately went towards the kitchen and he just played with Waffle.

He's awfully quiet, but it's better. Kesa naman hindi siya sumama sa akin.

I cooked Sinigang na Salmon Belly, his favorite. I asked Asher earlier when I saw him at Ateneo Grade School about his brother's go-to food. He said it was Sinigang, specifically Salmon Belly. That's why I asked our helpers here at home to get me one and prepare the ingredients I'll be needing.

After almost an hour of cooking, I emerged from the kitchen holding a tray with plates and one of our helpers behind me holding the food.

"Doon tayo sa balcony." Axel just nodded. He was sitting on the couch in our living room.

As we arrived at the balcony, the cold breeze of night immediately brushed our faces. Nilapag nung helper 'yung pagkain namin at umalis. We sat down and I gave him the plate and put some rice in it. I also put some of the soup into the bowl and gave it to him. He is just watching me with confusion evident in his eyes.

"I know you're tired. You need to eat, okay?" I said to Axel and I'm glad that he took a spoonful of the soup and tasted it. I was looking at him intently, nervous for his reaction. One thing I learned about Axel, he can never hurt people directly. He tries to use words that are less 'damaging' as much as he can, so him not having a single reaction on his face is making my heart thump fast.

"Hindi ba masarap? I followed the recipe correctly naman eh. Sabi ni manang Flor masarap naman. Sabi ni Asher, gusto mo yung sakto lang yung asim. Magpapa-deliver na lang–." I said, worried that I did something wrong with the dish. Axel just shook his head no.