Chapter 35

I am now home, doing my part for a group project when I got thirsty. So I went downstairs to the kitchen to get myself some water. I was also shocked to see Mom there, cooking. She arrived earlier than the usual time that she arrives from work.

"Hey mom!" I said and gave her a peck on the cheek.

"Dinner is almost ready." She said with a smile. As I drank the water, I suddenly recalled the text message that I received yesterday... I can't seem to forget it. I have a strong feeling that it was kuya Jerome, but at the same time I think I'm being played by some sort of scammer.

"Mom... may balita ka po ba tungkol kay kuya Jerome?" She turned at my gaze at me and placed down the ladle and looked at me intently.

"Hmm... wala eh. Ayaw siguro magpahanap ng kuya mo, anak." She smiled sadly. She was really devastated when Kuya left. I'm glad that slowly, she has moved on already. Pero hindi pa rin bumabalik yung dati niyang sigla. "Bakit mo natanong?" She asked,

"Wala po." Umiling lang ako at bumalik na sa kwarto ko. I don't wanna give her false hope. I need to find it myself first–if that was really Kuya Jerome texting me.

Finally, I finished my work for today. I was stretching my back because I was sitting down for quite a long time.

I saw my phone light up and Axel was calling through FaceTime.

"Hey." I tried my best to stifle a yawn. I haven't seen my boyfriend for the whole day, so I really want to stay awake and talk to him. This is the only time we have together since college is draining us.

"Hi Angel! How was your day?" He asked, it looks like he's now at his condo. He also looks fresh from the shower. The coaches gave them a 2 week-break after their championship. So they are taking their time to really rest.

"Nothing much happened. I just missed you." I said sadly. We didn't really have the time to meet all day since bumabawi si Axel sa mga school works niyang hindi natapos dahil sa tight schedule ng trainings nila. May mga pending siyang school works at may mga exam din siya na kailangan itake kaya nag-aaral talaga siya ngayon.

"I miss you too, Angel. I'm sorry, we can't go out on a date. Ang daming kong hinahabol na requirements eh." He said apologetically,

"It's okay. I understand." I said, It must've been hard juggling school and college basketball. I was looking at him through the screen when a brilliant idea suddenly chimed. "How about, I will help you with your requirements? Wala pa naman ako masyadong ginagawa eh." I suggested, I do have my papers to finish and submit but I'm sure na mas marami sa kanya.