Chapter 17

After having our team bonding, they decided to go home already. Except for Axel, of course. May mga gagawin pa daw silang pending school works nila.

"Wala na 'yong balak umuwi?" Daphne asked me but pointing at Axel who is now busy playing with Waffle. Nasa gate na kami ng bahay namin.

"I think he is staying for dinner. His family would be here anytime." I said as I led them outside the house.

"Naks. mamamanhikan na ka agad?!" She said teasingly. I just sighed. When will all the teasing end? "Thank you Kiera!" Daphne said, waving at me.

"Thank you din! Ingat pauwi ha!" I said and waved goodbye at them.

I went inside the living room and sat beside Axel who is now enjoying Waffle's company. That dog seems to really love him. He never behaves that way whenever I'm here! To think that I only go home during the weekends?! Favoritism.

I went up to my room to get my phone.

I was scrolling through social media when a notification popped up.

"Next week na pala yung business presentation natin?" I said to Axel. We've already finished it during the season. Student-athlete's life is really about time management and prioritizing things.

"Yeah. Just be confident and I know that you'll pull it off." Axel said to me with a smile. He never fails to remind me that I can do things. I tell him that I can't do this and that but he always tells me that I can do it. Just try, then I'll be shocked that I can do it. Axel is definitely a risk taker. He liked trying new things. He is also an explorer. That's for sure.

"Buti naman umalis na yung mga bisita mo. The house is finally at peace." Kuya Logan said while heaving a sigh as he entered the house. He just got home.

"Pero kapag siya nagpaparty I never complained, kahit sobrang ingay." I murmured and rolled my eyes. I think Axel heard me because he looked at me. I immediately smiled at him as if I said nothing. Sa tingin ko, alam naman na niyang hindi kami ganoon kaclose ni Kuya. There's no need to pretend.

"You came home early." I said to Kuya Logan. I thought he would party today.

"I was supposed to go somewhere but Mom said that we have a family dinner." He said while holding Waffle. "Anyway, good to see you again Axel! Is my sister giving you a hard time?" He said as he gave Axel a tap on the shoulder as he saw him.

"Good to see you too, Kuya! Oh Kiera, she's very kind po. Nothing to worry about." Axel said. Napatingin naman ako sa kanya. Nakatingin din siya sa akin at ngumiti. He is really not the type to say something bad about you. He can only see the good in everyone.