Chapter 26

"Kiera, eto oh! Bagay 'to sayo!" Daphne said as she was scrolling through a catalog of dresses in her phone. She's here in our house today because I asked for her help with my gown. It will be our graduation ball in 2 weeks and I still don't have anything to wear.

Axel asked me to be his date and I immediately said yes. He didn't pull a very creative stunt to ask me but either way, I would still agree to be his date anyway.

"Actually, I have something to wear already." I said with an apologetic smile. Last week, I was stressing the heck out of Daphne that I still don't have something to wear.

"Ha? Akala ko ba wala pa? Kanina pa ako hanap ng hanap dito tapos meron ka na pala susuotin?" She said in disbelief.

"Sorry, my bad. Anyway, eto oh." I grabbed my sketch pad and showed the dress to her. I drew it last Tuesday and I really poured my heart into this dress. This will be the first dress I drew that will be turned into an actual dress I could wear.

"Gawa mo 'yan?" Daphne asked, she had seen my artworks already. Sabi nga niya magpapacomission daw siya kapag may extra pera na siya. Hindi ko alam kung seryoso ba 'yon o ano.

The dress I drew was a light gray color gown na off shoulder. It has a long flowy skirt with a slit that starts about five inches above my knee at the right side.

"Uhm yes... I have the materials already. I need your help to make the dress sana... Please?" I said with puppy eyes.

"Kung hindi lang kita love, hays. Pero ang ganda neto ha! Tara't simulan na natin itong gawin! Naiimagine ko nang suot mo ito!" Daphne said with excitement.

I started taking out the fabrics, sequins, tulle and other materials that I bought for this dress. It's my first time making a dress I could really wear. My kuya Jerome made some already. I was always curious about it as a kid so I would watch him sew the dresses he designed. Unti-unti, hinayaan niya akong tulungan siya sa mga damit na ginagawa niya. Kaya kahit pa paano ay may alam na ako.

I will always be his number one fan.

I hope that he's now doing what he truly loves-design and make dresses.

Even though we already lost communication years ago, I somehow wish that I can say to him that I am always proud of him.

"Andito lang yun eh. I saw it last week." I said as we tried to find the sewing machine in our storage room.

"Eto Kie, oh!" Daphne said and took out the box. I saw her looking at it and saw a greeting written in it 'Happy birthday kuya Jerome!'. "Hmm... Kiera, sino si kuya Jerome?" Daphne asked curiously.