Chapter 19

After that nerve racking presentation yesterday. Our teacher announced the 'top students' that excelled at our business presentation yesterday. He called the 'awardees' one by one. It's ranked based on how the panelists liked our presentations yesterday. There are also some special awards that our teacher did. Axel and I got the Most Attractive Logo. Sneaking my artworks at the house I guess paid off.

"Iba talaga chemistry ng KieXel, sir!" One of our classmates said and the whole class roared and teased us. I looked at Axel, who seemed to be unbothered. So I just shrugged it off.

After my 'confession' to Daphne yesterday, she had been smiling at me all day kapag nakikita niya kaming magkausap ni Axel. Hindi ko alam kung napapansin ba ni Axel or he's just oblivious to Daphne since sanay naman siyang laging masaya si Daph.

My day went on with me attending class and not having training. I kinda missed it, though. Kahit nakakapagod, naeenjoy ko. It's like an escape from studying.

I tried to avoid Axel as much as I could today because my heart was getting wild whenever he was near me, and his constant smiling did not help. At all.

Since it's Friday today, I can't wait to go home for the weekend. I want to breathe some fresh air and I want to clear my head. Axel had been clouding it for the past days. I feel like it's not healthy.

I arrived at our house before dinner time. As I went inside, Waffle immediately went to me and welcomed me with a jump. I just kissed his head. He missed me that much, huh. I went to my room to change into something more comfortable because I was still wearing my uniform. When I got down, my parents and brother had already arrived from the office.

"You're here already! Akala ko mamaya ka pa." Mom said and hugged me so tight as if I hadn't come home in a long time.

"Yeah I thought so too." I said and broke the hug. I went to my Dad and kissed his cheek as well as my brother.

"Nakahanda na ang pagkain! Kain na kayo." Manang Flora said and we went to the dining table already and started eating. As usual, our family dinner isn't complete without Dad asking me about school and talking about business things. Galing na nga silang office 'yun parin iniisip nila ngayon.

"Tapos na ba yung business presentation niyo ni Axel?" Kuya started the integoration. Of course he will ask about it.

"Yeah, kahapon lang." Matipid kong sagot.

"So? How did it go?" Dad asked.

"It went okay, I guess that's the correct term to use. They gave us some awards earlier." I said as I ate.