Chapter 44

After that awkward encounter at his condo, I have to make sure to not get myself drunk ever again. I must've said stupid things! Nakakahiya!

"Bakit mo naman hinayaan ako na umuwi kasama siya?!" I said to Daphne over the phone, I called her as soon as I got home.

"Kunwari ka pang hindi mo gusto eh hindi nga makabitiw sa kanya!" She butted and I just shook my head as if she could see me. "I trust him, you know? Alam kong hindi ka papabayaan non. Kaya kung ako sayo, balikan mo na!" She let out a laugh.

"Walang magandang patutunguhan 'tong pag-uusap natin. I still have work to do. Bye!"

"Balikan mo na kasi! This is your sign, baby girl!" Pahabol pa niya bago ko patayin ang tawag.

They kept on pairing me to Axel and I don't even know if he's seeing someone right now! Paano kung meron? It's not like I'm still hoping for us but I don't want to get myself involved in that kind of drama.

Plus, I'm trying to get him out of my system. Ever since he took care of my drunk self, memories came flashing back at me and I found myself crying again because of regret... parang gusto ko nang puntahan na lang siya at piliting makipagbalikan sa kanya.

I thought I was over him already. I thought leaving the country and not seeing him for 4 years would be enough for me to move on... I was wrong. So fucking wrong! Pansamantala ko lang siyang nakalimutan.

What we had before was too precious to let go. Our memories were kept in my heart that it can't just vanish away.

.....

It was a Saturday today and I can't wait to spend the rest of the day all to myself. I had planned out my day today. I will relax today and not think about my work. I'll just stress about it tomorrow.

I went down to the kitchen to prepare myself some pancakes and coffee for breakfast.

After cooking, I sat down at the dining table and was shocked to see Daphne and Zel walk inside our house wearing beach outfits... What on earth are they doing here again?

"Bilisan mo kumain at mag-impake ka na ng gamit mo. Pupunta tayo sa La Union ngayon." Daphne said, I was about to say something when she silenced my mouth, "Oo, naipaalam ka na namin sa boss mo pati sa Dad mo. Pumayag sila kaya wala ka nang magagawa." She bossed out. I just looked at them and sighed in defeat. Why am I even friends with them?