Chapter 3

"You really need to tell me why do you smell like this." Hatsume asked Izuku during lunch break, her green-yellow irises boring into Izuku's emerald eyes. 

Izuku wasn't surprised by her question. After all, Hatsume had the habit of always going straight to the point, surely due to her shameless personality. She was a beta with salmon pink hair styled into thick locks, red and gold steampunk goggles always on top of her head, and was probably more assertive than most alphas Izuku knew of... 

This morning, for the first time in years, no alpha had hit on Izuku. 

Usually, when taking public transport to go to school, there was always someone that came to ask him his number, or someone who took the liberty to touch his ass without his permission. But, for once, none of this has happened. 

Eijiro's scent was still strong on him and so no alphas dared to approach him. They probably thought he already had an alpha and so they didn't want to tempt anything when it meant they would have to answer to said alpha's anger. They could tell Eijiro was powerful by how his pheromones smelt, and their instincts were preventing them from doing anything.

Izuku didn't even remember when was the last time he had such a peaceful morning. He still could feel some persistent stares on him, alphas who probably found him so pretty they wished they could take him to their bed, but he didn't mind it as long as they were leaving him alone. 

However, things got more complicated as soon as he stepped past UA's gates. Of course, all the people who knew him, his friends and classmates, noticed he smelt like an alpha right away. The questions fired from everywhere in no time, everyone wanting to know if he got himself a new boyfriend. 

Not saying anything had been hard, but Izuku couldn't reveal the truth to them. He hadn't talked about it with Eijiro but he had guessed that keeping Eijiro's identity a secret was a given. That's why he kept silent about the matter during the whole morning but, now that it was Hatsume who was asking him for some explanations, not answering anything was becoming a lot harder...

They weren't in the same class as she was in the support department, but they easily became friends, if not even best friends after bumping into each other one day. Izuku liked Hatsume's crazy personality and knew he could trust her with all of his secrets. After all, she had already proved she was trustworthy numerous times.

"I got myself a fake alpha." He confessed in a whisper so that only Hatsume could hear his words. 

"A fake alpha?" Hatsume's eyes grew wide in response, curiosity and excitement quickly setting inside her. What Izuku had just said had certainly aroused her interest and so she couldn't wait to hear more. 

"Yesterday, when I was going home, two alphas came onto me..." Izuku began to explain and Hatsume rolled her eyes. "As always."

"Yes." Izuku sighed. He always told Hatsume whenever something happened to him. She knew how sick he was of alphas always seeing him as only a piece of meat... "But, this time, someone helped me." He added and Hatsume immediately put two and two together. "Your new fake alpha?" 

Izuku nodded before slightly biting his bottom lip as he hesitated some second, wondering if he should tell her the rest or not. Evidently, he couldn't resist the urge to tell someone and inevitably gave in. He wanted to share what he had just lived with his best friend. 

"Red Riot..." He admitted in a mere murmur.

Hatsume's reaction was immediate. "Red Riot? Do you mean the Red Riot? The number nine hero!?" She raised her voice in her surprise and Izuku had to tell her to speak lower so that no one else would hear them. He nervously looked around him to check if someone had noticed but relaxed when everyone seemed busy talking with their own friends.