Chapter 4

"Bakugou, bro!" Eijiro greeted with a bright smile as soon as he spotted Katsuki. "How you doing?"

"You're way too excited for a fucking night patrol." Katsuki grunted in response. Only seeing how much energy Eijiro still had at this hour was already exhausting him. "Come on, spit it out." He unexpectedly said, taking Eijiro by surprise. "What?"

"You're gonna make me believe nothing happened with the way you smile like a goddamn idiot?" Katsuki cocked an eyebrow. He knew Eijiro since long ago, way too long ago if you had to ask him, and could immediately tell when something was going on. They weren't best friends for nothing, after all... not that Katsuki would ever admit it aloud. 

"You know me too well." Eijiro not so gently patted Katsuki's shoulder with a chuckle. They began to walk side by side, checking the perimeter, while Eijiro thought about the encounter he had had a few days ago. "I met the cutest omega ever." He told Katsuki. 

"Again? Didn't you just break up with the last?"   

"It was four months ago, and it was a beta!" Eijiro immediately retorted. He wasn't the type to change partners every two days. He'd rather take the time to find a good one. 

"Same fucking thing." Katsuki rolled his eyes. "You always end up dropping their ass because you didn't catch feelings. I don't even get why you still keep trying. You should move on to fuck buddies like everyone else." 

Mixing being a hero and having a relationship was really complicated, that's why the majority of heroes didn't date. Katsuki thought dating was a pain in the ass, anyway. He did fuck every now and then, because he was a dominant alpha and thus had a lot of sexual needs to take care of, but that was it.  

"Nah, you know I want something serious. I just didn't get lucky yet." Eijiro answered. 

The truth was he wanted to find a mate already, someone he would spend his life with and that he could come home to. But, each time he had tried dating someone so far, it had never worked out in the end. It just hadn't been the right person. 

"Right." Katsuki snorted. Eijiro really was a hopeless romantic.

Suddenly, the sound of an explosion not too far away from them could be heard, a cloud of grey smoke escaping the place where it had just happened darkening the sky. Eijiro and Katsuki only shared one look before promptly running toward the explosion. They arrived in front of a half-demolished bank, five villains getting out of it with bags surely full of cash.  

"Great. Let's beat the fuck out of these bastards." Katsuki's face broke into a sinister smirk. "You got it, man!" Eijiro answered just as excitedly, both of them running right toward the villains without one ounce of hesitation. 

"Fuck, heroes!" The villains shouted in panic. "Let's get out of here!" They all recognised the two top ten heroes and freaked out right away, the fear of getting caught taking over them. 

"You're running away? How unmanly!" Eijiro exclaimed as he rushed towards the first villain and delivered a single strong punch to the gut against them, the attack ejecting his opponent against the nearest wall and knocking the air out of their lungs. 

"Shit!" One of the villains got scared to death at the sight. He ran for his life, rushing into a dark alley in the hope of getting out of it in one piece. "Hey, get back here!" Eijiro decided to chase him. He knew Katsuki didn't need his help to bring the three other villains down. "Stop running and fight me, you coward!"

"You're kidding? I don't want my ass to end up in jail!" The runaway blurted out as he threw what had to be a grenade behind him. Eijiro hardened his whole body to protect himself from the attack then cursed under his breath when he noticed the villain was getting away. "Shit, he's fast!"

However, just as he thought he couldn't catch him, someone suddenly shot a cartridge that released a capture net right onto the villain. "Ahh!" The villain screamed as he fell onto the ground violently, the capture net completely immobilising him and thus preventing him from doing anything anymore. 

Eijiro just had the time to see the silhouette of someone on the rooftop before it disappeared into the darkness.  

But he didn't need to see the person to know who it was. After all, every hero working in this city knew about the vigilante who constantly helped them in the shadows, without once being caught. Nobody knew what his real identity was, only that it was a man and that he had appeared for the first time two years ago. Eijiro had already seen him several times during one of his patrols, and even once talked to him to warn him about a sudden villain's attack that was coming toward him. 

However, due to the hero regulations and quirk restriction laws, vigilantism was illegal. There were a lot of people, mainly heroes, who wanted to catch this mysterious vigilante...

"Bad luck, man. Looks like you're going to jail, after all." Eijiro chuckled as he threw the villain who was still stuck into the capture net over his shoulder. He walked back toward where he had left Katsuki and wasn't surprised when he saw the remaining villains passed out on the ground. 

"Good job, man!" He gave Katsuki a fist bump.  

The rest of their patrol was quite uneventful. They caught small thugs setting light on a bin and rescued a cat from a tree. Nothing crazy for a Friday night. It was almost four in the morning when Eijiro finally got back home. He took a quick shower and ate what he had left in the fridge, before checking his phone.

As usual, he had received memes from Kaminari and Sero. He let out a small chuckle then replied to them and to his other text messages, when his eyes caught Izuku's number. He smiled, remembering how adorable the omega had been during their first encounter, before deciding to text him. 

'Hey, hope scenting you worked and that nobody bothered you. How about we meet on Saturday?'

He was about to get ready to sleep, knowing there was no way Izuku could be awake at this hour, when he unexpectedly received a reply. 

'Hello. It did work, thank you so much again  > <'

'And I'm free this Saturday.'

Eijiro couldn't contain his grin as he read Izuku's messages. The way Izuku had used a little smiley was so cute, just like him. He did wonder why Izuku was up at 4 am but didn't think much of it as he instead focused on their conversation. He was glad scenting the omega had managed to keep other alphas away from him.

'It's nothing, don't worry. 5 pm at a coffee shop?'

He answered, wanting to meet Izuku in a more casual setting before having to scent him. He really was interested in Izuku and intended to get to know him better. A friendly date in a cosy coffee shop was just the perfect way to do that. 

'It works for me!'

Eijiro smiled as he saw Izuku's last message. He already couldn't wait to see the adorable omega again. 

To be continued

Looks like Izuku and Eijiro are going on a date soon ;)