Chapter 6

It was silent as Izuku opened the door of his apartment. Eijiro followed Izuku inside, observing the interior of the apartment. There was a table and chairs in the dining area and a cabinet where plates, cups and bowls were stored. It was relatively small, but still welcoming and nicely decorated.

"Your parents aren't here?" Eijiro inquired. It was Saturday so he was surprised nobody was here. 

"Oh, no. They're in America." Izuku answered and Eijiro quickly turned around to face Izuku in disbelief. "What? You live alone?" He asked, his question making Izuku lower his emerald eyes.

"Yes..." The tiny omega admitted in a whisper. "Dad had to go to America for a job when I was only a baby. Mom joined him when I was old enough to take care of myself..."

Eijiro couldn't believe what he had just heard. Omegas weren't made to live alone, it was against their instincts. Yes, they usually were good at household chores, but they needed someone to take care of them, to protect them. What's more, most omegas craved affection. Not having someone to hug or cuddle with, whether it was a mother or a significant one, had to be extremely hard to bear...

"That's gotta be tough." Eijiro frowned. He didn't want to say anything bad about Izuku's parents but he really wondered what kind of parents would leave their child all alone like this. Even more so when the child was an omega.

"It's okay, I manage..." Izuku answered but Eijiro didn't miss the sorrow nor the tiredness in his voice. 

Izuku was maybe saying it was okay, but it wasn't. Even if he acted like everything was fine, the truth was that the situation had to stress him out like nothing else could. He was all alone, had to do everything by himself when he was only in high school, didn't have any emotional support and even had to face sexual harassment constantly from alphas... 

It was only a question of time before he would break down from too much anxiety. The fact he was still holding on showed just how strong he had to be.

Eijiro didn't like this. He wasn't sure why but he already felt so protective over Izuku. His instincts were urging him to protect the tiny omega, to make sure he was okay and to care for him. He wouldn't let anything happen to him. 

"Uhm, do you want something to drink, maybe?" Izuku's question nudged Eijiro out of his thoughts. "No, don't worry about me." He said with a reassuring smile, before asking: "Where do you want to do it?"

Izuku slightly panicked at the words then blushed when he realised Eijiro was only talking about scenting him. "The living room is okay..." He timidly replied. 

"Perfect." Eijiro said as he removed his jacket and t-shirt, leaving his chest bare. 

"W-what are you..?" Izuku's face immediately became a dark red at the sight. Even though he had already seen Eijiro without any top, due to his quite provocative hero costume, seeing Eijiro take off his clothes before him was something else.

"I'm just removing some of my clothes so that I'll be able to scent you better." Eijiro amusingly chuckled at Izuku's flustered reaction. How cute. "Come here." He patted his lap as he sat on the sofa, motioning Izuku to come to him. 

"O-on your lap?" Izuku's emerald eyes grew wide. 

"Yes, don't be shy." Eijiro said with a grin and Izuku felt his heart race inside his chest in response. He hesitated a little but soon complied, his cheeks a cute shade of pink as he let Eijiro pull him on his lap. He wasn't sure where to put his hands but decided to place them on Eijiro's broad shoulders, something Eijiro didn't seem to mind.

The position felt really intimate. Like this, Izuku had a good view of Eijiro's incredibly muscular chest, his emerald eyes taking in sight the perfect six packs and big pecks of the alpha on their own.