Ch.18

"Can we relax for awhile? I'm so sore from all that hand to hand combat."

Varian falls back onto the hammock with a hand to his chin, knowing that there's going to be a bruise from a hit by your bare heel. Luckily, you didn't have your boots or you would've knocked him out for a while.

"Sounds reasonable." The young captain stretched and plopped to the floor dramatically. Your eyes shift to the teen alchemist, "I don't want to be trapped on this island for long. Especially these parts of the seas." A dagger is tossed up in your hand like you're playing with a ball.

"Oh!~ Is the Captain scared?" Varian grins with a smug look. A slice of fruit collides against his forehead. "Ow."

You scoff, "As if, Raccoon Boy. I'm more irked than anything. I'm VERY famous around these parts."

Varian takes a bite of the fruit and gives the rest to his raccoon pal. "You have fans? Wow. Isn't that a shocker."

"Not exactly. Although if they found out I'm here, things will turn into raging sharks at the scent of blood. I have an extreme case of criminal activity here. One that I do regret at times."

Rudiger tossed a ball of leaves and chased it around the room. His joyful chitters made you and Varian laugh softly at the adorable animal. The flap on one of the hole openings close to the top began jittering. It seemed the wind had picked up and the smell of a small sea storm waffled inside.

"I'll close it. Get some rest, Raccoon Boy. You'll need it for tomorrow."

The teen boy raised a brow at your departure. "Rudiger, Buddy. Stay here." Varian grabbed a sword on his way out and a bag. There had been one thing that he noticed with you; when there's something bad about to happen, the situation would depend on the wind or a breeze.

Almost like a bird flying with the wind current.

"Trouble seems to always find you and you always greet it with open arms. Such a birdbrain."

>>><—————><—————><<<

With a step out from the vegetation to the sand of the beach, a dark colored trident whizzed through the air and lodged onto the palm tree. One of the sharp tips grazed the side of your cheek, a tiny drop of red landing on the weapon.

"Purposely missing is so old these days. At least try to get an ugly injury." Your thumb runs across the small cut, "It's merely child's play."

A dark blue hand grasped your shirt to lift you up above the ground as a growl emits from the sea being. The olive green eyes glaring at you with annoyance, which made you grin. "Shut that serpent tongue of yours, Sea Witch!"

You roll your eyes and hold up your hands for arrest, again with a smile

"Where's your other crewmate?" He asked.