Ch.4

The high afternoon sun shined down upon the Blue Phoenix with glory and giving it a more lively appearance. The ship was back upon the dark waters of the sea seeming like a single ant on an endless shore of blue grass. Upon the ship, more specifically the upper deck, had many crew members just doing their own thing.

Like Munch the brute, who grunts happily when dolphins randomly appear or Doctor Demitri, who was reading in his room.

There are others yet to be met, but shall we see how the young alchemist is holding up?

The big stained glass windows put out a very peaceful aura in the Captain's Quarters. With the colorful splotches shining in to light up the room. There sat a bed to one corner, two couches and a loveseat nearly the bed. In the middle of the room was the tables that kept maps. Across from the bed was a desk which was occupied.

Varian's form laid on one of the couches with Rudiger asleep against his side.

The colors of the windows were on Varian as his eyes slightly open. The first thing that he saw was the stain glass that portrayed all the colors of a rainbow.

He raised a hand and mumbled to himself. “Dammit.” His feels the wound is wrapped up but not hurting as much as...last night?

A very sweet smell fills his nostrils and he notices flowers hanging here and there. Andromeda Shrubs.

His gaze then lands on a slouched figure at a desk.

The Captain.

Rudiger yawns and stretches while shaking his fur.

Before Varian could examine the room more, the door to the room slams open and two identical voices yell out.

“IT'S PAST NOON, CAPTAIN!”

Varian lays back down and pretends to be asleep.
You throw a dagger, but one of them catches it. “You asses.” You grumble tiredly. “This is why I have Raccoon Boy rest in here. You all get too loud.”

“Oooo! Someone is crabby.”

“Of course, but you also said to wake you up when we see land.”

“AND! There are rumors that a place close by might have spotted your mother.”

“That it?” You get up and stretch.

“Yes, Captain!”

“Good. Now……...GET THE HELL OUT OF MY ROOM!”

They laugh and go out.

You rub your temples and push your hair back. There has to be another bandanna somewhere in your drawers. You dig around in the dresser, pulling out clothes which weren't for you.

Varian felt pieces of clothing tossed onto his head.
“I know you're awake. Meet me in the dining room when you're done.”

The door closes as you step out and Varian gets up with a irritated groan. He didn't want to meet you, he didn't want to be here…...he didn't want this all to happen. He looks down at his tattered clothes, so he pulls off his shirt to change.

It wasn't much and Varian was fine by that. Plain long sleeve grey shirt and black pants. The grey shirt was slightly big, but he tucked it into his pants and rolled up the sleeves.

Rudiger looks up at Varian with a smile and the young alchemist realizes why. He was very unamused.

“Oh hilarious.” The colors you picked was one of a raccoon. “Raccoon Boy.”

In the dining room, you were the only one sitting at the table and eating when Varian plops down a few chairs away from you.

“To be fair. You can call me Rouge or Rogue. Doesn't matter, maybe Captain, so what should I call you, Raccoon Boy.” You slide a plate over to him which he ignored.