Ch.13

Chattering among the upper deck of the ship had been the only thing the crew could do since nothing exciting hasn't come their way.

Usually it's everyday they had done something exciting or dangerous, but the ship kept on the move.

Something close to sea-sick or another overly dramatic term for the crew-- Boredom.

A loud bang, wood against wood made them all shut up and turn their attention to the Captain's Quarter. The crew began to whisper amongst themselves now as the doors closed.

The Captain's blue bandana fluttered behind her with her Captain's Hat resting on her head. The long coat moving in the wind as well and her expression was very serious.

“She's up early.”

“This is never good.”

“The wind be blazing for ‘er.”

It grew quiet as the Captain took stern strides to the middle of the deck. Her appearance so elegant, yet dangerous.

“ALRIGHT YOU VILE SCOUNDRELS!” Your voice shouts out, sounding displeased. Your main crew paid no mind to you, knowing you very well and not worried by your behavior as always.

Except Varian.

The young alchemist had been enjoying reading Demitri's Journal. He was sitting on a crate and his back against piled barrels. Rudiger rested on his lap and eating sliced apples.

Your exit from your cabin almost gave him a scare, but he couldn't help to wonder why you're upset. Maybe because it's early in the morning?

You began again, “As Captain, I am required to provide for my crew. Yes?”

There were low replies of agreeable hums and nods.

“So tell me…..”

A toothy smirk appeared on your face and you held out your hand when Andy threw a large wooden mug at you. You caught it with ease and without looking and held it up.

“ARE YOU SCALAWAGS READY FOR A GOOD TIME AT THE SHAKING LILY?!”

Suddenly, the whole ship shouted out in crazy and excited fits. All chorusing with each other and they all jumped around like they were dancing.

“HEY!”

Another crew member began a song and as always the rest follow in.

“WHAT DO WE DO WITH A DRUNKEN SAILOR EARLY IN THE MORNING?!”

You toss the mug, not caring where it went. It did feel amazing to give good news to your crew and see them happy.

Demitri stands next to you with a faint frown, “Are you positive that this is a good idea, Captain? You never know WHO we might run into.”

Varian grew confused about all this cheerful celebration. “Shaking Lily?”

Andy leans on the barrels and brushes back her bangs, “THE Shaking Lily. It's a tavern, Kid. An outlaw tavern.”

“Tavern?”

The woman raises her brow, “You have gotta be kidding.” She huffs, “Someone had a normal childhood.”

Varian felt offended by the Sailing Master, but he didn't say anything and went back to reading.

“When we get there, I suggest you stay close to one of us if you're getting off this ship.” Andy walks off to do her own business.

It didn't take long to stop and hide the ship while the whole crew started their small journey toward the tavern. Munch and Demitri had stayed behind to watch over the ship and you gave Varian permission to follow you all.