Ch.3

“Your ship?”

Lady Caine is very confused.

“Captain Roguelin Rouge.” You slightly bow to Lady Caine, the smirk never leaving your face. “I own the sky and sea, so it's quite easy getting what we want and need from land as well.”

“I thought that big guy of yours was Captain.”

Laughter rings out from the crew and you lean on the brute to which he just frowns at Lady Caine. Softly, you pat his bulky arm. He was at least 7 ft tall.

“Good’ol Munch here just loves hats, especially my Captain's hat.” With an amused hum and the thump of your boots, you stand closer to Lady Caine. “Lady Caine, I presume? I've heard of you, but not in the way I expected. Especially in trying to take over my ship.” You frown.

The tip of a sword is pointed at your nose which you don't move.

Varian could see you didn't care of the weapon. It looked like you didn't care at all about what's happening, like it's happened many times before. Though, earlier you were…...nice?

“I would think about your actions, Lady Caine. UNLESS you and your men want to fall a few hundred feet below this ship.” Your fingertip lightly pushes the sword to the side.

Lady Caine laughs with her men, “What and fall into the sea? We can just swim back up.”

Varian was slightly worried by the expressions that all the crew members gave each other and especially by yours. You looked like you're straining not to be happy.

“How's about we take this outside, Miss Caine? Actually, all of you newcomers are welcome to join me on the top deck.”

Varian meet your gaze and curiosity ate at him after you go out with Lady Caine and her men in tow. He gets up and scoffs when the crew members stare at him, whispering to themselves.

The air outside had gotten colder with more winds slapping against the sails and the fog had disappeared, leaving the night sky clear. Of course, everyone who came up were confused and seen everything looked ordinary.

“Take a look overboard!” You shouted and sat up on the the edge of the ship.

Varian comes up and glances at Rudiger before they take a look near you.

The ocean waters below were more than a hundreds of feet below this ship. With that said, this ship was in the sky! Now it was a harder problem for Varian to get off this thing.

He scrunches in distaste. “Great. Just great. I should've escaped my way before these pirates came.”

Unfortunately, the Captain, you, had heard him and it seems this young lad was having issues. Now you weren't going to judge. Everyone had issues here…..even yourself.

“Well….” Lady Caine turns away from the edge and grins, “This ship is much more valuable than I thought. I want it.” She holds up her sword again.

“Figures. Did you already forget about your father? Did you forget why you are doing this?” You gesture to her and walk around her. “It seems you're doing this for yourself.”

“BRAT!” Lady Caine swings.

You just take a step back and the sword gets stuck in the floorboards. “Thank you for stating the obvious about yourself.”

“AH!”

Varian and the other prisoners watch you and Caine go at each other. Well it was more of Lady Caine going at you and you dodged all her hits.