Episode 17

AUTHOR's POV

And the operation began. Both of you were fighting for your life, together. One fighting to live and one ready to die only to see his person living. With that 1% chance of success, Dr. Kim began with his surgical tools.

Kim: Attach the spirometer at the base of the breast bone and connect the tubes to the saline tube. June, keep a track to both the readings.

The nurses nodded as the surgery took place.

The ECG graph kept on showing uneven statures of crests and troughs. Once it topped the height and once fell to the bottom. May it doesn't come to rest...

Hours passed as the doctors kept on trying and as you and Jungkook kept fighting for each other's life. Your ECG graph was slowing down... the curves were becoming gentle as if it was coming to a halt.

Suddenly the memories flashed across your eyes...

...

- Y/N's past -

*baby's cry*

Nurse: Congratulations Mr. Park! It's a baby girl! You can go and check up on your family now.

The nurse smiled and left. Hyeonjun was left in tears. He bawled his eyes out in happiness before rushing to room 601 to check on his wife and the new member.

Mrs. Park: Hyeonjun...

She let the tears fall as her husband engulfed her in a warm and soothing hug. The condition was critical. There were no hopes for the baby's survival but that was it. A fighter was born.

"Your girl is a fighter Mrs. Park; she endured all the heavy operation herself and fought so well for coming into this world. Remember that she's rare too. I mean her blood... it's a rare one to find," the nurse had told her while giving the little angel to her mother.

There you were. Wrapped up in that white towel, your pink little nose and fluffy cheeks showing themselves as your tiny fingers wrapped themselves around your mother's thumb and you slept so peacefully ever in her warm embrace.

A mother's love is the purest form of love with no hidden motives.

----

"Halmoeni!" Y/N ran up to her granny's lap as she reached her home.

"Oh my baby Y/n! Look how tall you've become! Last time you were just a little pea!" Halmoeni teased and ruffled her hair.

You just giggled and held onto her tighter.

----

Your world broke...

Everyone was crying helplessly as the coffins of parents were finally taken down at the funeral. A car accident and you were just sixteen.

"I'm so sorry baby... I'm so sorry for you..." your halmoeni cried.

"Aniya halmoeni, don't be.. I'm here for you" you said as tears filled the brim of your eyes and cried your pain out on your grandma's lap.

----