Episode 12

[NEXT MORNING]

You turned aside to extend your arms hoping it would land on Jungkook but all you felt was the coldness of the sheets.

He wasn't home yet.

You woke up frowning worrying a little as to where he might perhaps be.

That's when you got call from your halmoeni (grandma).

Y/N: yeobosoyo halmoeni? (hello?)

Halmoeni: *in between cries* Y/N... J-Jihye! S-she d-died. Murder!

Y/N: w-what?!

You couldn't believe your ears. Your sister Jihye was no more in this mortal world and you couldn't feel your feet. You couldn't decide what to do or say because you were too numb to act straight. You hung up the call only to flop back in the bed and cry.

Jihye wasn't of your blood. She was adopted by your parents when your eomma lost her second child in her. But nonetheless she was more than an adopted sister to you because after your parent's death, all that you both had to hold on to were each other until she became responsible enough and you came to Seoul for your interns. Since then none of you had seen each other but a regular routine of calls each week was okay.

The thing that sucked more now was that last few weeks you hadn't heard from her. Not that you didn't call, but she never picked up. Maybe she was busy with her work. That's what you thought until now the news from halmoeni...

...

You were engrossed in your own ocean of memories flooding in front of your tear filled eyes when Jungkook came in.

Jungkook: Sorry jagi. I couldn't back up last night because duty held me up-

He stopped in his tracks when he saw you sobbing in the sheets.

Jungkook: Jagi!! What happened?

He came running to you holding you tight in his arms and soothing your back with repeated "what happeneds" and "don't crys."

You told him about halmoeni's call and he listened to all of it like an obedient child soothing you in between and when it became harder for you to hold in it, you just let it all out in his arms.

Jungkook: Stop crying jagi. I hope she's in a better place now. Happy and smiling. She won't like to see her sister cry like this, will she? Stop crying jagi, we should be happy for her now that she'll have a peaceful life up like an angel.

You nodded at his words sniffling because he was right. You had to be strong because that's what your sister wanted from you and for her you had to get up but all this was too much for you bear.

He wiped your tears once you stopped crying and sat there beside you until you were mentally stable back again.

Y/N: Jungkook, you should go and freshen up.

Jungkook: alright jagi, let's freshen up and then we'll go down for breakfast.

He kissed your forehead and went into the shower.

You sat on the bed for some time thinking about Jihye when unconsciously while picking up Jungkook's jacket, a file fell on the floor only to scatter its contents all over.

Y/N: Aish!

You mumbled and started picking up the papers when suddenly you saw of what looked like a photograph in the file. You pulled it out for a better vision revealing it to be of....