1: The Feeling

Third person 

'That would be 12.39$ sir,' you handed him the scanner.

 'Can I get a discount from this pretty lady in front of me?' He asked with a slight drunken tone; as you reached over to him you smelled a reek of alcohol.

'Sir you are drunk. Would you like me to call a taxi for you?'

'Who's DRUNK, huh? I can drive perfectly fine!'

'Sir, you are not only putting your life at risk but others too. Not only that, but according to the criminal code-act 96, you'll be paying a sum of 850$ for drunk driving alone, not including all expenses.'

'Fine, fine...here's the cash. Keep the change.'

You smiled, 'You still got it Y/N.'

You've been working at the convenience store for the past five years now, ever since your freshman year at school. Throughout the years, you've learned many clever ways to read people and how to persuade them, like that drunk man.

. . .

As you were resting your head on your hand, watching the clock go by, a man throws a bunch of bandages and antibacterial wipes on the counter.

You fixed you gaze at the limping man as your eyes travelled over to his left leg to see that it was... wait... SHOT?!

'S-sir are you o-okay? Your leg...w-what happened?'

You asked feeling a rush of anxiety and concern through your body.

He looked at you and then looked away, ignoring the question as it was gone by the wind.

You've never met someone so cold before, however, his eyes...his eyes were different.

. . .

A few moments later, two armed officers entered who more looked like police. They swarmed outside as if they were looking for someone.

You looked at the guy and his expression changed, and this time he looked more panicked.

As the officers entered the store, you grabbed the man's collar and dragged him behind the counter.

'Good evening ma'am! Have you seen this man enter the store by any chance?'

One of the police man held up a picture of the dude you were holding behind the counter.

'N-no sir.' 

They nodded slightly and left.

'Wah! Am I a criminal now?'

You asked yourself as the adrenaline started to kick in.

 'I'm the one shot here, aren't I? Don't be dramatic.' The man replied.

'Woah! You really are something, huh? I saved your life and you're not even gonna tha-'

'I wasn't asking.'

He cut you off and left, as he limped his way out.

_ _ _ _

It's been a few weeks and you've noticed that every time you went out, you felt eyes on you. Until one night, a suspicious guy wearing what seemed to be a construction worker's uniform, entered the store.

You became nervous as beads of sweat formed on your forehead.

He placed a pack of cigarettes on the counter to pay.