Drive through

@jewellboi on TikTok

I knew I hit rock bottom when the only person who seemed to care was a fast food worker

I rolled up to the drive through at a quarter to midnight. And he asked me how I was.

I hadn't been asked that in what felt like and eternity.so I answered honestly.

I said "you know what man, it's been a rough night."

And he said, "well, then you've come to the right place.

And in that moment? as dumb as it sounds? I felt cared about.

Something I hadn't felt in forever.

I mean sure I've fake cared about.

I'd had abandoned "I'm here for you"'s placed in front of me out of pity.

But if I disappeared off the grid, an eye wouldn't bat, a grin wouldn't fade but maybe that fast food worker would care with the fries he made.

Maybe he'd wonder why my eyes were so filled with hurt.

Maybe he'd ask if I wanted a burger with that shake too.

The same way that I wish somebody would have asked me if i wanted a hug with my shitty night in that drive through.

*Every day felt like a fight but I didn't tell anyone around me what I was going through. One night a drive through employee let me rant to them after I admitted I wasn't ok. It now reminds me of the importance of reaching out to others. You are not alone.*