The Puppeteer

"C-Connor wait! Wait!" Evan stumbled on his numb legs hurriedly following Connor who got out of the room minutes ago.

It took Evan some moments before he could put up the fact that he is a prisoner now in this place behind him and figure out the more important revelations of this episode.

How did Connor know about his life after he left? Why did he say that he'll have to chase him again? And what about Roman? Did he really come back for revenge..?

Evan opened doors to all the rooms on his way to the stairs finding them empty. He was huffing like a dog as his heartbeats couldn't settle. A heavyweight seemed to be covering his head pushing him down. His breathing getting shallow and a ringing seemed to be starting in his ears and yet ignoring it all he kept looking. He didn't seem to care about the fact that his mental state and physical condition were getting worse.

Reaching the stairs, he began to descend hurriedly because there were chances of Connor leaving him alone in this house or at least disappearing till the time he wishes to humiliate him more.

But something happened, his carelessness finally got him one second he was looking down at the living room visible from the side of the staircase and the next had pain shooting throughout his body as he rolled down the wooden steps. He could hear and feel the loud thud every time his head made the contact with the solid wood, even though it wasn't even for 5 seconds before he was sprawled on the ground to him it felt like an eternity and the last thing he saw before losing consciousness was hurried footsteps.

Connor paced down the white tiles of the long corridor. The centralized air conditioning was doing nothing to stop the sweat on his forehead and back. Not to mention the synchronized beeping of machines, the chemically revolting smell of cleaners, and the obvious whispers and chatters of staff and people were only adding to his Cortisol levels.

He couldn't sit or settle down, his instincts were going haywire and the desire to tear through the glass door was strong enough to give him a heart attack.
Unfortunately, there were two more doors before he could reach the OT room and unlike this one, they weren't made up of frosted glass.

He heard the sound of the running footsteps before he saw the people turning the corner.
Huffing and breathless the two men stopped near Connor holding their abdominal muscles on the side of their abdomen. No doubt they both have pulled a muscle or two while running.

"Ho-How is he?" Aaron was the first to ask his voice short of breath.

"Don't know, they have him inside for an hour now and except for a nurse, no one has come out yet." Connor looked into both the men's eyes before turning back to the OT.

"What happened exactly? You weren't very clear about the details on the phone. How could he have gotten such serious injuries?"
Steven outstepped Aaron who moved to the side and took a seat on the plated steel benches.

Connor remained silent for a moment. "I am not sure what happened. I was in the living room when I heard his scream and when I ran towards the voice I saw him lying on the ground unconscious, he fell down the stairs from the second floor."

Steven stood there with a disappointed look in his eyes.

"Wait, the second floor?" Aaron looked up at them or more pointedly at Connor. Connor quickly caught on to what was going through Aaron's mind. His condo doesn't have a second floor, only the bedrooms were elevated slightly on an upper level than the rest of the place and it is only four stairs high.