Exploring Desires

Pic as Roman ~~~~~~>

"Connor this is Steven, he is the owner of this amazing place and my good friend and Steven this is Connor he is uh Daniel's good friend."

"Hey, nice to meet you" Steven came forward to shake Connor's hand who did the same.

"Nice to meet you too" Connor replied smiling.

"Ah... unfortunately, I can't sit with you guys as you can see that the place is a bit busy but I'll try to join you if I got some window till then order anything you like, it's on me." Steven replied gesturing to buzzing place, his café turns to a small restaurant in the evening and sells quick dinners to fast foods.

"No problem Steven we were here for a coffee anyway nothing major and I also have to give you the stuff you asked me to buy," Evan said gesturing to the shopping bags resting beside him on the two empty chairs.

"Okay thanks man, I'll have to go now but tell me or others if you need anything. It was nice meeting you Connor; I hope we'll meet again." Steven nodded to Connor who nodded back and replied with a sure. Steven walked away and left the two men alone with a waiter who looked at them expectantly waiting for their order.

"You need anything to eat?" Evan asked Connor who shook his head in no. He ordered two coffees one with extra sugar.

"Nice place I am surprised by the crowd here if you wouldn't have pointed out I doubt I would have see the place from outside," Connor said looking around. It doesn't appear from outside but insides were big enough to accommodate thirty or so tables with a combined live bar and coffee counter.

"Actually this was an art gallery before Steven brought it and turned it into a café plus restaurant. The place was sort of unlucky for the previous owner and he wanted to sell it as fast as possible fortunately Steven's fiancé was a regular visitor here and when he heard the place was up for sale they bought it." Evan explained gladly that there is something to talk about and not just plain awkwardness between them.

"That is cool, good thing they got the place, so you and Steven go way back?"

"Yeah, I met Steven in my college days and we have stuck together since then. He is a good guy and has helped me a number of times." Connor nodded as if getting the feelings behind Evan's words.

"And Daniel, how long have you guys been together?"

"Your coffee sir" The waiter from earlier interrupted them with their coffee setting it on the table in front of them.

"Thanks," Evan replied. As the waiter left Evan took a sip moaning internally at the good taste.

"Hmm... This is good; I'll have to come here again for sure." Connor though was more vocal about it.

Evan felt heat rise to his ears hearing the moan come from the man sitting in front of him.

Connor looked at him smiling not sure if he caught the blush Evan supported but still that smile was doing no help. Evan gulped followed by coughing to hide the embarrassment.

"Daniel didn't tell you? He and I met two years ago at a writer's convention. He liked a book I wrote and was there to support me. We started talking from there and found each other appealing enough. For the first year, we were strictly sex buddies only but later I guess we sort of started harboring feelings for each other and decided to live in." Evan said not surprised with Daniel not going in detail about their relationship after all he does the same.

"Anyway, what about you how long have you been friends with Daniel?" Evan asked diverting the topic from him to Connor; it's about time he gets some answers. It would be better to talk to Daniel after knowing the truth about Connor and his relationship status and it would also give him pretty much idea of what's going in his mind.