Nightmares of Past

Half an hour later Evan and Connor were standing in the kitchen hands full with all the ingredients and supplies needed to survive for at least the next whole month.

They even have to buy the utensils and containers for everything as the kitchen was literally empty of anything. Truthfully, Evan didn't even saw or cared about what he was picking up as they needed almost everything. He was horrified to see the refrigerator only with milk and coffee and there was no sugar anywhere. The only cabinets that held anything edible were cup and cake noodles. On the way, Evan noticed and wondered how the hell Connor cooked cake noodles without the utensils, he couldn't help but ask and the reply that came from his new condo-mate had him banging his head against the car dashboard.
What Connor does is empty everything in a bowl and just pours hot water on top. It even does not matter if the dry spicy noodles turn into soupy soggy bland and sometimes a mushy mix of something.

Evan gagged just thinking about it. Way to ruin something as simple and tasty as the noodles.

Connor got the duty to empty the contents of the packets into containers and then label them while Evan busied himself to cook a quick polish recipe he learned online. It is sort of a comfort dish and any doubt Evan had about it disappeared when all the carbohydrates touched his tongue making him moan.
Polish potato pancake with mushroom cream sauce.
Mmhmm... The name itself makes Evan salivate.

As he peeled the potatoes to prepare them for grating Evan stiffened suddenly feeling Connor standing right behind him. His hands stopped moving feeling Connor's creeping on his waist and then circling him.
Evan looked down and saw the newly bought apron in Connor's hands. He was tying it around him but the constant friction between their bodies had him holding his breath.
After tying it securely around his waist Connor rounded his hands around Evan's neck fastening the button on the upper crest of the cloth. His face was right next to Evans and he could feel the heat of others skin or maybe it was his own warmth from the blush.

Evan stood as stiff as a board while fearing if Connor could hear it too, his rapidly beating heart going 100 miles per second. For some unfathomable and ungodly reason, Evan could hear every beat in his ears and the pressure on his chest as if the pumping machine is gonna pop out any minute didn't help at all.

In just a matter of seconds, Evan felt the hours pass away. Tugging at it downwards to remove any folds or creases Connor stepped back, patting his shoulder, friendly.

He returned back to his task while Evan couldn't peel the potatoes anymore in the fear that his shaking hands would end up peeling their own skin.

After another forty-five minutes maybe because Evan took some time to compose himself their dinner was ready and even though there was still some stuff left to unpack Evan said he will do it in the morning.

Both men settled in the living room enjoying the delicious home-cooked meal with gorgeous night scenery of the city.
Evan noticed there was no television in the room except every bedroom has its own.
But he liked it, the decoration, the furniture everything is unique in its own way. He can see Connor everywhere and on everything in the house, the little details that perfectly match his personality and a few things that explain a bit more about his nature.

Like the worn out and old looking small toy dog resting on the cabinet or the black and grey theme of the place. A bit of that ocean scented car freshener and lemongrass scented room freshener.

It is the wall hanging on the door to the bathrooms and bedrooms or maybe it is how clean and well kept the entire place is despite he lives alone.

There are few and minor things that explain a lot about a person and Evan did notice how their interests really match. At first, he thought that Connor was bluffing about few things that spiked both their interest but now when he is living in Connor's personal space he can see them everywhere.