Demon

"What? No... I mean. You can't. No. You... Where will you even go? Evan, do not take any decision on a whim you can't just leave. We'll think of something. Please." Daniel couldn't form a sentence with the surprise of Evans's words. He can't be serious. Move out?

"Please Daniel, try to understand the situation here. Roman knows where I live. He knows me and has been keeping eyes for long enough to know when I am alone or most vulnerable.

Truthfully, I don't know where I'll go but it is not safe here for me. Today, he was standing right outside our house looking at me next thing we know he will be standing inside with god knows what intentions and doing what."
Evan began emptying his cupboard and started filling his suitcase.

"We can call the police. We can tell them to keep an eye on the house, on you. That way if Roman ever came near us again he'll be caught." Daniel said sounding hopeful.

"And what are we going to tell the police?" Evan asked looking straight at Daniel standing still.
Daniel blinked twice but had no answer to that. Yes, what is he going to tell the police? That a guy that raped his boyfriend in college was standing outside their house and is back for revenge.
No, not exactly.

"That's what I thought. We can't even accuse him of breaking restraining order because it was named against Austin and not him.

And it's not like I am going forever Daniel. We'll always be in contact and you can visit me maybe though I don't think that would be a good idea." Evan said the last part after giving it a thought.
"He can follow you."

"Even then, even if you leave this place and I don't follow yet where you will go? If Roman is keeping aye in you then no doubt he knows about Steven and Aahan too. Their place is as dangerous as this one."

Evan's shoulder slumped slightly, Daniel is right too. He has no option.

"You can live at my place." Daniel and Evan turned to look at Connor standing at the door.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to intrude but you guys were taking a lot of time and then I heard Daniel saying about you leaving the house.

I mean if you have no other place to go you can stay at mine. I live in a guarded locality and a high-end area. No one can enter the place without proper permission or prior appointment. And my house has password-protected entrances so other than you and me or anyone else who knows the password no one can enter."

Daniel and Evan shared a look.

"Are you sure? I don't want to bother you or cause trouble in your daily life. I know you live quite a colorful life and my presence there could soon turn to a burden. Over that, I am not even sure for how long I'll be staying there." Evan stared directly in Connor's grey eyes. He can't deny that the offer is tempting enough. Roman will have a hard time following him there with all that security and maybe he can know Connor just a little bit better.

"Yes, I am positive I wouldn't have made the offer if I wasn't sure about it. And for the colorful life, you don't need to worry, all of it stays out of the house so no one will bother you there. As for the burden part, you would be if we weren't friends now. I agree we don't know each other for long but it is also true that in such short times we have become good friends almost as much as Daniel and I. So, you are welcome anytime." Connor walked in further into the room and the sincerity in his voice took both the men by surprise.

He looked at Daniel as if asking him about his feelings related to the matter. Daniel wanted to argue but couldn't come up with a valid point against the said proposition. He can't be at home at all times and neither can he assure Evan of his safety. He can't leave the project or else it will cost his job, his money that they both spend living a luxury life.