- liam dunbar | river of tears

liams pov :

exactly 2 weeks, 3 days, and 5 hours i broke up with her. my first love, anchor, best friend in order to protect her. scott said they would be okay, that we would be okay, said i had to 'do it in order to protect them' because it will hurt like hell if they got hurt . he lied to me, my alpha, he lied. we weren't okay, i tried to stay strong for us but i needed them, i still need them. 

the day of the break up  

'hey li! you ready for the big game today' she asked excitedly, their signature y/n grin plastered on their face.

'of course, you don't have to come today, its meant to be cold' i asked as convincingly as i could

'i'd never miss a game you know that, right?' she questioned with their smile faltering

scott told me the hurt was for the better so here goes nothing, i'll loose my everything 'y/n i need to tell you something...' i could smell the anxiety come of them in waves 

'w-what is it love?' their voice cracking 'li are we okay?' a single tear escaping

'no we aren't y/n' , i lied, 'i' ,deep breath, 'i do not love you' ,i lied for the second time,' i'm sorry we shouldn't see each other anymore, don't talk to me again' 

'i'm sorry liam, i hope you find your person soon' they replied smiling as well as they could, turning into the closest bathroom, i heard a heart shattering sob echo through the halls, love sinks and hope floats am i right, so i'll hope for their happiness.

1 week after the break up

i waited for them around the corner of their locked hoping to see her in order to calm my nerve before  the game again devenforth, but she never came, just like every day this week. i left another rose in their locker gaining disapproving looks from their friends, i knew they bought every letter, every one of their favourite flowers that i left to them. 

back to liam's pov on the night of the full moon - play the song or start it from the beginning for it to make sense when you see the ***!

knowing i would struggle to keep control tonight, scott let me watch over y/n as long as i wasn't caught. for the past hour they had been in the shower, so i struggled to focus on their heartbeat.

walking out the shower in one of my old t-shirts, i smiled to myself  watching as they start to play a song, humming along perfectly until she started to sing along without missing a note

***

'still got the flowers that you sent
and the note you wrote that said that we were meant
to be forever'

i watched as they walked slowly over to their dresser starting to take down pictures of us...

'an' I keep them all as evidence
in a drawer under the mirror
filled with empty promises'

studying one of the first letters i sent to them after the breakupand putting it away, another wave of tears fell down her face, composing them self  they continued...

'i don't know why
i keep letting you lie to me
hard as I try
it seems I can't break away'

i'm so sorry y/n, they need to know...

'i thought that you would be the hero
come and save the day
but you're a villain
your sins unforgiven
i'm going down, and you have watched me drown
in a river of tears'

i know, i am a monster you deserve so much good, an angel too caring for their own good...

'go 'head and wish me well 
i'll cry a wishing well 
i'll fly before I fail 
i'll set sail and drift away'

tears now streaming down both our faces, i lost my grip and slipped, oh shit. i should run, yeah run...

'liam' wait what ' i know your here!' she said frowning lightly, was she a werewolf or something? 'you know you never were very good at hiding, climb in, the window's unlocked'

a/n : do you want part 2 and if so would you want them back together? 

stay safe my loves x