- derek hale | the letter II

a/n - pls i want a season 7 so bad :,( also tell me if you prefer this bc I think it might me easier to read ?? Idk kiss kiss

Six years. Six years since Derek Hale sent me my letter. It came out on the news the next day that the Hale house, the one place I felt at home, was burnt to a literal crisp. I understood why he left, why they both left; him and Laura, but he didn't think for a moment for being me with him. Or even stay for Peter?

However, according to my spaz of a brothers stolen police radio, the infamous Derek Hale, is a suspected murderer! Great. So I did what any pissed off Stilinski would do, storm into the sheriffs office looking for the son of a bitch. Walking into the station earning a blush from my favourite little Deputy Parrish, I saw him for the first time since we were 15. My heart was in my throat,
'Derek...'
His head twitched, almost as if he couldn't believe what he was hearing until ,
'Why is it you are always suspect of a murder Hale.'
'(Y/N) I' he almost pleaded with me, 'i can explain'
'Oh you can do a lot of explaining! How about you start with the fact you never talked to me again, after six fucking years you've come back to what. Jail time?' I rushed out without my voice breaking, 'You know what I don't even want to hear it, come find me, our spot'
'Hey ! How do you know that I'll meet you there ?'
Derek, I'm me. Irresistible!! And I've known you since we were little, well the last six years are unaccounted for but oh well'

Three hours later :

Running my fingers over the carvings reading '(Y/F/N) + D.H' I thought out loud'
'Shit, I can't believe they're still here'
'Crazy right' Great Derek !! 'It's the first place I checked for you when I came back'
'That is how carving works' I paused and took a breath.
'I thought you forgot about me?'
'How could I forgot my favourite Stilinski, I did always tell you how I wanted to change that last name of yours', he joked and grinned like a Cheshire Cat, huh ironic, I thought.
'Memories are the worst kind of torture Hale' I muttered hoping he wouldn't hear but of course, he did.
'(Y/N) i came back for you, I promise I did.'
His first lie.
'No you didn't. I'm my fathers daughter if you really think you can lie to me. Again, you are so wrong.'
'Okay, yes I originally came back for Laura, but you I stayed for you.'

We sat for hours until the sun set
'Look (Y/N) our star'
'Derek don't- You know there was a point where I couldn't - I'
'(Y/N) I'm sor-r'
'Derek don't. Let me finish. I couldn't remember what you sounded like. Until my dad found the tape of our freshman prom! You wore that suit and against my wishes wore you jersey over it. I was fuming and so was Thalia!',my voice cracked and I gave my voice away.

'Why are you telling me this?'
'Because I'm leaving' I laughed
'What no- you can't, I came back you why don't you get it.'
'Derek I promised Peter that if you came back, I would go to University and get my PhD in childcare, so goodbye Derek'
I stood up and kissed his forehead, just like he once did to me, I knew this wasn't the last time I saw Derek. I left in one promise
'Now but not never... Yours, always and forever'