Chapter 20

Corpse and I sat in torment, knowing Toast was here with us. We called authorities, but we knew Toast would simply escape again. We sat on the rental couch, silence falling over us. I felt defeated as I slumped over the couch.

I can't believe I'm dragging Corpse into my mess. My mistake. He simply does not deserve this, and I can't believe I am the one making him suffer. I shuttered as a knock echoed on our door. I felt too shocked to move, and to unwilling to look as Corpse opened it. With a very small glance, I saw the door open to no one. All I could see was the grass stretch that extended to the street. I decided it's best for me to look, and turned my head fully. The seemingly empty doorway now had a brute Asian man bursting through it. My body froze, and I felt so helpless sitting in the couch. Corpse immediately talked toast and pushed him to the ground. Fist were flying, and with pleading eyes Corpse begged for me to get help. I couldn't bring myself to move, and my words simply were taken from me. My mind kept telling me to get up, but it was like my body no longer had any control. I watched as Corpse continued punching Toast, and how they were struggling against each other. I didn't feel the urge to run until Toast laid a punch clean on Corpse's jaw. With shaky steps I bust through the front door and yelled for help. I ran to our nearest neighbors and begged them to call authorities, that a man was attempting to kill us. Their faces in horror reached for phones and urgently begged for help. I quickly made my  way back to the house in hopes of Toast being out cold, but when I swung open that door, my life was crashing before me. 

Toast had Corpse with a gun to his head, Corpse's cheek was busted and blue to the point of swelling. His hands were forced behind him as he was knelt on the ground, I couldn't even tell if Corpse was awake. 

"To-Toast, it isn't him you want." I cried. "H-He didn't do do anything. I-I left you and and you should be angry with me." I spoke as calmly as my shaky breath would let me. I inched closer, just by a step. "I am angry with you Sy. That's why we are here." His words were venomous,  and seemed to steal the air from my lungs. The small handgun moved closer, grazing Corpse's head. "Please PLEASE don't hurt him." I cried. Toast let out a sinister laugh before knocking it into him one more time. "Sy baby, don't look" Corpse's voice was soft, broken as though he was crying . "No, No please take me instead Toast. It's me you want to hurt." I begged, I was basically screaming in terror as the gun just kept brushing against him. "Silly Sykkuno, but to hurt you, I have to hurt him." "I love you Sykkuno" was the last thing I heard before a loud bang. I screamed "NO" as I saw Corpse slump to the ground. "NO NO NO" I begged before running to his side. Toast was smiling as he began to walk towards the front door. 

I brough Corpse into my arms, and I sobbed. Luckily once, Toast reached the door. police stopped him in his tracks and he was immediately arrested. "Please PLEASE SOMEONE save him." I screamed before a medical team came through. A women said something about being calm, but how the fuck should I be calm right now. I sobbed as they took Corpse on a gurney, I felt like the air in my lungs was just stolen from me. My life was ending. Was Corpse really going to die?