Chapter 5

Corpse stayed asleep on my chest all day, and all night. I couldn't bare to move him from his exhausted state. I would stroke my hands through his hair and rub circles on his back. My mind would wander to what he thought we were. Does he like me too? Is he just being nice, does he know I like him? It all made me very frustrated because he was so good at everything, so perfect and I was just me. I didn't realize I had small tears falling until they fell down my cheeks. I just want to be good enough for someone to love me how I love them. I loved Toast, but it wasn't the same in return. He treated me like a dog, almost like an object.

Speaking of dog, I could hear Bimbus scratching at the door. Probably need to use the restroom or eat some food. Corpse began to stir and lifted his head to look at me. His eyes looked so much better, not so dark and he himself looked healthier. I smiled so hard, he was just so damn handsome. "G-goodmorning" "Goodmorning Sykkuno, I'll let Bimbus out to pee" and he left so quickly. How could he just leave like that. I puffed and pouted my lips and got out of bed. I made the bed, adjusting the sheets, fluffing the pillows before walking into the kitchen. I forgot the food I had made and a pot was covered in the dry rice. I internally groaned. And I remembered the dirty plate that was still in Corpse' s studio. Another groan. I gathered both and let them soak in some soapy water before I went and poured Bimbus some food. Then I went to freshen up and brush my teeth.

I was scrubbing and slushing water in my mouth when Corpse burst in like nothing. I looked at him with foamed bubbles around my lips. "I am sorry I slept so long." he seemed so down when he said it. I quickly spit out the foam and rinsed my mouth with some water. "You need the rest, I am so glad you got some sleep." I smiled at him through the mirror. "Sykkuno you are the absolute kindest person in the world." His words were soft, but his cheeks seemed to blush. My heart thumped, and thumped and I don't know what took over me. 

I kissed him.

Yep

I kissed him.

I couldn't believe my lips were touching  his, and his eyes were wider than I had ever seen them.

I pulled away in shock, but his arm grasped me and our lips were touching me again. 

Our lips were touching again.

He kissed me