Chapter 22

Sykkuno POV

Corpse had been laying in this hospital bed for 2 weeks now. It took me a lot of work, but I had gotten in contact with his younger sister, Maddy, who I would be flying out to Iceland in about 3 days. His surgeries were a complete success but he now laid in a coma with no end in sight. When he first responded to my touch, I broke down. I didn't want to think of the fact that he could stay like this forever.

The doctors had him in a eye patch, and it just seemed so fitting for Corpse to wear one. It put his bad boy vibe on the 'Oh Jesus' level. I couldn't help but think about the past 6 months we had been together. His love was the most beautiful thing I'd ever experienced. He brought me and Bimbus in, and immediately made it our home. I miss sleeping in bed with him every night. I miss telling him I love him to see him smile at me. I miss hearing him say I'm beautiful. I didn't realize I was crying until I saw a tear drip onto my jeans. God Corpse, you're killing me.

"Sykkuno? Hey, it'd be a good time to go get some rest." The same doctor was always pushing me out. How does he think I can be away from him in a moment like this? "Would you leave your loved one in a moment like this?" I hissed. His lips became a thin line and I added, " You've forced me out every night. I am not leaving." I grabbed Corpse's hand in mine and directed my full attention back on my love. I heard the Doctors frustrated sigh before he left the room.

Corpse's hands were more cold now, he usually was so warm but now he felt like ice. I made sure to lay his body under another blanket before I decided to rest my eyes. The small chair in this room would be my bed for tonight. I curled myself up in the chair before whispering 'Goodnight my love', and with that I fell asleep.

Corpse POV

I heard Sy say "Goodnight my love". It was a constant battle with myself to wake up. I needed to see him, tell him I love him, hug him, kiss him. I wanted to scream at the top of my lung 'Baby I'm here', but it was like my mouth was sewn shut. The constant voice in my head was suffocating because my thoughts could never reach him. When I woke up, I wanted to marry Sy and move to a private island. I want to protect him with my life for forever.

I heard the doctor mention an eyepatch, and I could only assume that's why my right eye felt so itchy. I also believe he said I had no more right eye, which is terrifying. I wonder if I looked hideous, had Sy seen the hole in my face? I hope it didn't turn him away. I didn't know how much time had passed but I heard Sykkuno talking to a woman. He introduced himself and then said how it was nice to finally meet her. Something so vaguely familiar about her voice played in my mind. I couldn't figure out where I knew her from. It wasn't Poki or Rae, I could hear their voices clear as day. She said she hasn't seen me in years. Who the fuck is that? It bugs the shit out of me that I can't just fucking see who it was.

I listened to them talk about me, Sy said how he had fallen in love with me a long time ago. I loved hearing Sykkuno speak about me, he really really loved me. And god I love him. I can't wait to look at him again and hold him again. The woman spoke about how she only saw me briefly, she'd only known me for a few years before I moved away. Moved away? Who the hell is this girl. They continued talking for what felt like ages and I finally heard Sykkuno say "Maddy". My mind stopped for what seemed like the first time in a long time. Maddy? Had Sy really found her? Oh my gosh, it's really her. She sounded so familiar but I wouldn't let myself believe it was her, but it really is! I felt like crying, my little sister was talking to the love of my life and I couldn't even tell them I love them both. Hearing her there made me fight even more. I will wake up.
I will wake up.

Wake up.

Corpse, wake up!

I can do this.

Just open your eyes, Corpse.

Just wake up.

And I finally saw the white blur of the hospital ceiling.