Chapter 21

I was in a foreign country, sitting in a hospital guest area. My body shook as though I was freezing. Tears kept streaming down my face. I didn't even know what to think. 'Is Corpse dead' just kept flashing across my mind. I kept replaying the sound of the gunshot in my mind. It echoed and left me feeling sick. 

It was hours before a doctor or nurse ever approached me. A small woman doctor approached and said he was still in surgery, but to be hopeful. The thought of hope made me want to puke. I had put Corpse in the face of death, and I was supposed to be hopeful? It felt like a year went by when another nurse approached me. 

"You must be Thomas Sykkuno?" She questioned. I nodded. " The patient James Randal Corpse is in recovery for a gunshot wound through his eye. We were successful in all surgeries. The bullet luckily missed his brain completely. He will want to cover his missing eye area, for it is very sensitive and a little gruesome to see. Due to his struggle at the crime scene he was able to prevent the bullet from shooting through him completely. He is lucky to be alive. " She said everything so quickly and I found myself gasping for air. "He's alive" "Yes sir he's alive. He is not awake yet, and we are waiting to see how he will be when he wakes up. For now, you can either go back to your stay, or wait here for approval to see hi-" "i'll wait"

I got many notifications in the hours of waiting of news reporting Toast's capture in Iceland. I was afraid with the news of the shooting, people would learn of Corpse. I couldn't believe this had happened to Corpse. Memories of our time together would flash before me.

He let me stay with him, just out of the kindness of his heart. He replaced my entire gaming system just so I could play with him. He loved me and Bimbus. He made me feel love. Then memories of our romantic night here in Iceland became apparent and I began to blush. The way this man made me feel was so beyond love. I adore Corpse, and I am so so thankful he is alive. I didn't realize I had been crying until the tears dripped onto my hands. I needed to be at his side.

CORPSE POV

I felt as if I was awake, but my eyes wouldn't flutter open. It felt like complete darkness ingulfed me. I imagined all that had happened. I hope Sykkuno didn't watch the bullet strike me, but I remember his scream. He begged for someone to save me. I was at peace with dying, I knew Sykkuno was the love of my life and I would die for him any day. Maybe that's what this is, is this death? I questioned y state until I heard voices around me. Brief comments of "Check his vitals" and "I'm going to administer his next does of morphine." That made my senses click. I'm in a hospital bed. I attempted to wiggle my fingers, feeling still there. I moved my feet and bent my knees. I could feel everything. "DOCTOR HES MOVING" I heard Sykkuno's voice. He's here. His hand grabbed mine. "Corpse baby if you can hear me squeeze my hand" I made sure to use all my strength to squeeze. "You can hear me" he cried. "Please, please wake up Corpse." I heard the begging in his tone. Wake up Corpse, wake up. 

It was almost torment. I was fighting myself to open my eyes. I was there, but it was like my brain didn't want me to be. I just need to wake up. I heard Sy say it so many times. It feels like moments have passed, but I've heard them tell Sy to go home. How many times has he left the hospital? How long have I been here?