Chapter 24

Corpse POV
I found a ring, a wedding band that was thin and had small diamonds completely around it. It was simple, and more of Sy's style. I knew he wouldn't be comfortable with a gigantic diamond just floating on it. The band was a soft rose gold, and sparkled along with the stones. It was beautiful.
It stayed in its box for a few days. This red, small box. I was trying to find a moment good enough to take the chance and propose, but I kept getting in my own head. I kinda want Bimbus to help in the process, I just couldn't think of a way. I sat on our couch and sighed. Sykkuno was sleeping in as of now, and Bimbus was laying at my feet. With another sigh, I decided today was the day. I needed to do it and make it so special. While my love slept, I prepared him breakfast. Simple eggs bacon and rice. I luckily didn't burn anything down, and it smelled appetizing.  I brought it to his table side before I sat on the bed next to him. I rubbed his back as I saw his eye start to flutter. With a kiss to his cheek, I whispered a "Good Morning".  "It smells good in here" his sleepy voice croaked. I laughed, " Are you hungry ?" And before he responded, he sat up and reached for the plate. "Thank you." He said with a small grin. I placed another kiss on his cheek as he took a bite . "What's with the yummy food?" He smiled sweetly, food crumbed on his lip. "I want to treat you like the princess you are." His face srunched and he exclaimed, "Princess?" "Yes you are my princess, now finish your breakfast and get ready for the day." I left a final kiss on his forehead before leaving a whining Sy in the room.

I decided to propose here at home. We were both such home bodies, there is no reason to do it anywhere else. I had this idea of what I'd say but I can't figure out the moment to say it. I need to calm my nerves, this moment was so important to me. I sat on a bar stool by our kitchen island and took a deep breath. 'Relax Corpse'

Sy came out of the room in my hoodie and boxers. "Baby, I said to get ready."  I chuckled. "But I want you to come back to bed with me and cuddle." His tired eyes met mine and I didn't even realize I was walking towards him until I embraced him tightly. "Corpseeeeee I'm sleepyyyyy." "I'm sorry baby but no sleeping today, go put on some pants and a nice shirt." His pouty lip came out and I chuckled. He left my arms with an "ugh" before going back upstairs . I followed him up and he laid down on our bed. "Oh my goodness,Sy." "I would really like some cuddles" he said face down on the bed.
Why do I feel like I should do it now? Is this the wrong moment?
Is this going to mess it up? Why do I feel like this is how it's meant to be? Just do it Corpse. You can do it.

I knelt down on my knee beside our bed. I breathed in and out deeply. "Sy baby?" I whispered. "Yes?" He responded, muffled by the pillows. "Will you look at me?" And he scooted himself to my side of the bed and turned over. "Why are you on the ground?" He asked with a tilt of his head. I held his hand in mine and took one more deep breath.

"Sykkuno, I love you so so much. I have never ever loved someone the way that I love you. You've made me so so happy." My words were breaking and my voice sounded weak. Sy was looking at me, his eyes were soft and smile full on his lips. " I love you too Corpse. I love you with all my heart." " Sy, you've given someone like me the life people dream of. I would live my life with you a hundred times over. You made me realize that my life meant so much more. You even brought a fluffy little friend into my dark life too. I don't know how more to explain how much I love you because no words are enough." His eyes looked glossy. "What's all this about babe?" He asked with a smile. "Sy, I want to be with you for forever." I pulled out the box. "Will you do me the absolute honor of marrying me?" I opened the box. His tears fell down his cheeks. One hand covered his mouth. "Corpse, oh my goodness that ring is beautiful-I - I - oh Jesus! Yes, yes I'll marry you!" He beamed before dropping to the floor on me. I put the ring on his delicate finger, and his tears flowed more. His smile never left his face as he sniffled. "Is this real, did this just happen?" He asked while rubbing the tears away from his cheeks. I kissed his lips tenderly. A brief deep kiss.
"Yes, we are going to be together forever Sy. I love you." I rested our heads together.
"I love you too, Corpse."