Eleven

YOU AND I

            Sein wasn’t in bed when I opened my eyes, but I was surprised to see light in his room early in the morning. He must’ve opened them. I listened for any signs of him in his closet or bathroom and heard none, so I made use of it. When I went back to the bedroom Sein had a cup of coffee in his hand for me. I kissed him and took it.

            “Morning, thank you.”

            “Buenos días. My mom’s going to call soon, okay?”

            I nodded.

            For about ten minutes straight I sipped my coffee sat and listened to him talk to his mom in Spanish. Sometimes their conversations sounded really intense, and then he’d start laughing and I could hear her laughing as well. He was most beautiful when he laughed. Maybe it was the way my heart swelled when I heard him that made me see him like that. Then the conversation changed suddenly. He repeated a long line of “Si” as his mom spoke and with every answer he gave he sounded more embarrassed. I looked at him questioningly and that seemed to have embarrassed him even more.

            Sein, that rarely ever stuttered, could barely get a sentence out. He climbed off the bed and it was the first time I really looked at him since I woke up and I was distracted. I was also interested in the new shade of pink his neck, cheek, and ears were wearing.

            “Mamá!” Sein hissed. “I have to go. Love you.”

            His phone was loud enough for me to hear when his mom said: “If you say so. Tell Maxwell your mama said hi. Te amo.”

            Oh.

            “Sorry,” Sein groaned. “I swear, it doesn’t matter how old you get, parents are still the most embarrassing people on the planet.”

            I laughed. “It’s okay.”

            He lied on the bed, his head by my feet as he stared at me. I felt like he wanted to say something but he was holding himself back. I relaxed and enjoyed the quiet moment as Sein ran his fingers along my leg from calf to ankle.

            “I like this,” he said, more to himself than to me. “We should wake up in the same bed more often.”

            “When we don’t have to be responsible adults,” I agreed, placing the empty mug on the bedside table. I was rewarded with that small, private smiled that I loved so much.

            “Now that your coffee is not your main priority, can I get a proper kiss?”

            I pushed myself up and on my knees before plastering myself on top of him. Sein arms were around my back, his eyes already closed and waiting for me to kiss him. I really wanted to stare at him being so beautiful but it has been a long time since I gave him a thorough kiss; one that my heart and body and soul craved desperately. Sein’s body relaxed under mine, his legs falling straight next to mine, allowing me to fit better against him. I did fit. So well.

            We kissed until his lips were redder than they naturally were and my lips and cheek tingled from the days old scruff he was wearing. I wanted more. Moving to his neck, I kissed and nibbled on his skin, feeling his pulse pumping underneath my lips.

            “Max,” Sein panted. I hummed a response, continuing my assault on his neck as I felt his legs folded at my sides before wrapping around my back. “Maxwell,” he panted, a bit more urgently this time.