Thirteen

SURPRISE

            He was really sexy when he smiled. He talked a lot, too, when he wanted to. Sometimes I felt like I knew more about him than he knew about me. That made me feel incredibly guilty. Though, if he asked me anything I wouldn’t hesitate to tell him.

            He took his wine glass from me and put it closer to him. I had been stealing sips from it the second the waiter brought it over to him. I drove so he was right to do so. It tasted good though so I made a mental note to ask him what it was. We could have a relaxing night inside and finish it together.

            I had been looking forward to this date the second he said he would be able to make it. Yes, we spent a lot of time together but whenever we had a date set for something it always felt like our first day, or the other impromptu ones we had. It was no different tonight. We were more than comfortable with each other. It was as if no one existed but us and we sitting at home with each other stealing food and talking and laughing.

            Next thing I knew it was four hours later and they were closing. Sein tugged me closer as we walked out before slipping his hand in mine. It was nice. He thought we should designate Fridays date night. That won’t ever happen because we’re both homebodies and it’s hardly planned when we go out. We go to the SUV and drive home, talking as usual.

            I parked in the driveway off the side of his apartment, engine and seatbelts off, and we talked some more. When it got quiet, Sein leaned closer to me, eyes trained on my lips. I met him the rest of the way. The kiss was soft and left my stomach tied in knots.

            “My dad and Simon are coming over tomorrow morning. Dad will be making breakfast. I’m thinking you should be there.”

            Sein smiled and caressed my cheek and chin like he had been doing all along. Whenever he did that it always changed my mood into something even more pleasant, comfortable, and hopeful—just better.

            “Okay. What time?”

            “9…9:30”

            “Alright.” He kissed me again. “Call me when you get home”

            “Yes Sir.”

            When I opened my eyes I almost expected Sein to be there. Well, I did, until memories of last night flooded my mind. I smiled and lied in bed for a few more minutes, reminiscing.

            I texted: Buenos días

            While I made my bed I looked at the phone for a light that would indicate a text but nothing came. I went to shower. There was a text when I got out but it was from Simon telling me that they were on their way. The doorbell rang while I was putting a shirt on.

            “Come here,” I said, pulling inside by his the collar of his jacket. I’ve lost count of how many times one of us have been pressed up against the back of my front door (There’s a pun somewhere in that statement).

            “Morning to you too,” he said, a small smile spreading those perfect lips of his.

            “I said good morning already. Check your phone.”

            “Your coffee, babe,” Sein said. I melted a little because of how natural it has gotten for me to hear certain phrases from him. “Thanks for noticing me before your coffee, by the way.” I laughed and gave him a thank you kiss. “I don’t know what your father like but you mentioned something about you guys having cappuccino before, and I hope I finally got Simon’s order right. It’s like the rocket science of a soccer mom’s order.” I laughed. “I’m kidding. It’s just very specific.”