Five

DATE NUMBER…WHAT?

            I didn’t think I’d see Sein until Friday, before or after his furniture arrived. Turned out I was wrong. I was so wrong. On Wednesday I was heading to a burger joint a few blocks from where I lived around the time he usually arrived in Hoboken. I called him and asked him to join me and he did. Thursday, I was going to the office for a meeting and he saw me in Starbucks. This time he did come over and say hi to me. He was wearing a suit again. I was wearing a suit too and I still remember the ravenous look he had in his eyes as they roamed over me, but damn. Sein in a suit, walking around and teasing the innocent minds of people, myself included, was wrong on so many levels. Damn him. Despite wanting to punish him for looking so damn fine, I asked him what he wanted and after he told me, I ordered for him and we sat down for a few minutes just chatting until we were both running out of Starbucks because we were late.

            On Friday morning, Sein stopped by my apartment to drop off a set of keys. He brought me Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks and a bagel sandwich…I don’t know where.

I literally had to send him away because he wouldn’t stop with the thank you. If I had let him stay a minute later, he would’ve changed his mind and not let me help him. I was more than happy to help him. Naturally, I liked helping people. I enjoyed it. With Sein though, it felt different. Sure, I was helping him because I wanted to but there was something else. Maybe it was because I liked him? No. It was more than that.

At 10AM I was backing out of my driveway. Delivery was between 10:30AM and 3PM. There was an apartment on top of Sein’s that had a separate entrance (very convenient). I saw a lady entering and she had a baby and a small boy with her.  He lived on the first floor, which was (conveniently) way above street level. Maybe there was a basement but there were no windows or anything suggesting so and the garage was detached. Interesting. His apartment was way bigger and brighter than I originally thought. Maybe it was the angle that he took the pictures.

The walls in the living room empty except the one over the fireplace accentuated by stone facing. The stone facing covered the entire wall, wrapped around the shelves and a flat screen TV—between sixty and seventy-five inches—so that everything looked like they were one. It was a very neat design that made everything looked homey and relaxed. I liked it.

            It was quiet, I realized. I went by the window expecting to hear something but heard nothing.

            Me: Is your apartment soundproofed?

            Sein: Yep :D

            Well he was excited about that. I would be too. Though, I didn’t expect an answer so soon.

            Sein: It’s so peaceful and quiet. The only time I hear anything is when I open the windows or the doors to the deck.

            Me: Sweet. I’ll let you know when they get here. In the meantime I shall work.

            Sein: Thank you and have fun. If you get hungry there’s food in the fridge and the pantry is on your left when you enter the kitchen. If you want coffee the k-cups are on the countertop. Feel free to do or make whatever you want, please.

            Me: Thanks and you’re overthinking things. Relax. Go back to work.

            Sein: Am I really? So everything’s fine?

            Me: Yep.

            I took a thumb up selfie and sent it to him.