Chapter 1

Valerie's POV

Today I'm 9 years old but the other don't notice me. They never do only Marcel so he throws me a party every year for me. I got dressed to meet up with my best friend Jackson he's a werewolf but decided to stay at normal school for me. We get bullied a lot we are in high school we are super smart for our age.

That's how we bonded over being super smart and being supernatural. I got Hope's gift for her she may be mean to me or use me being for neglected as an excuse I still got her a gift. I'm walking downstairs and saw them all eating. I walked over to Hope but I first knock on the door. "Sorry for interrupting I just wanted to give Hope her gift then I'll go back to my room."

I gave Hope her gift I was gonna walk out when I heard my name. It was Klaus I was scared of him he almost killed me. "Valerie come sit. Said Klaus." I was scared for my life. "No sir it's fine I'll be in my room it's ok." I quickly ran to my room I was shaking I was scared he was gonna hurt me again.

I was gonna see Jackson in a little bit because Marcel ain't here for my birthday he had to attend some meeting out of town he didn't want to go so I made him.

Klaus POV

I notice Valerie come in. Wow she's beautiful. She knocked on the door so we all looked. "Sorry for interrupting I just came to give Hope her gift. Said Valerie." She walked over and gave her, her gift and was about to walk out then I remembered it was her birthday to. "Valerie come sit."

She turned to me. "No sir it's fine I'll be in my room it's ok. Said Valerie." She quickly left the dining room. I could sense the fear on her when she was talking to me. We all looked at each other because we could all sense her fear and wondering why she called me sir instead of dad.

"That was weird. Said Bexs." "Yeah why did she call you sir and not sit down to eat its her birthday to. Said Hayley." "Did anyone else sense the fear off her. Said Kol." We all agreed. "We can talk to her later."

Valerie's POV

I left to go meet Jackson at our spot. I saw him waiting for me so I ran to him. "Theirs the birthday girl. Said Jack." I smiled. "Happy birthday. Said Jack." "Thank you." We sat down and started to talk. "Dude Klaus tried to talk to me." "Are you ok. Said Jack."

"Yeah I'm fine but it was weird I thought I was in trouble." "He didn't hurt you right. Said Jack." "No I left quickly before he could I said sorry and ran to my room." We heard a noise so we looked and saw No one.

Next thing we got knocked out. We woke up in some base. I saw a man walking towards us. "Get the boy. Said Red." "No take me instead." They looked at me. "Please I'm begging you not him." "Alright then her. Said Red." They grabbed me and strapped me to a chair. And started to do stuff to me it hurted so I screamed. When they were finished I got put in a cell with Jackson. "Hey you ok. Said Jack."

"Yeah I'm fine." I was weak they did something to my powers. "You didn't have to go for me. Said Jack." "Your my best friend and the closest thing I have to a brother so yes I would go anytime for you." He smiled and helped me.