Chapter 2

Kurugiri used his portal to transport some of my items from my old apartment into the room for me. He takes about an hour to set up my room for me.
"Thank you," I smile politely. He straightens up some of my posters gently. "Now, it's perfect!"
Kuru looks back at me. "Hope you love it here. I'm sure the others will be very excited to meet you. Especially Tomura."
I tilt my head slightly. That name sounds so familiar.
I don't really keep up with the news or anything. I used to live in a very calm, deserted town where people didn't talk much and anything ever happened.
Whoever this Tomura guy is, I'm sure he's going to be great.

Kuru shows me the ropes of some basic drinks he usually makes.
I study him closely before letting my mind wonder else where.
"If you don't mind me asking, why is it so dead in here? I figured there would at least be a few people in here."
Kuru cleans a glass with a towel in his hands. "They will come later on tonight. I believe they went out earlier."
I tilt my head, cleaning a glass with him. "You talk about the customers like they live here."
Kuru doesn't respond. He's looking away from me. I start to question things in my head.
"Kurugiri, who are-"

There's a loud bang outside the door, scaring the living shit out of me. I drop the glass and gasp, picking up the shards.
"Be careful," Kurugiri says worriedly. "I'll clean this up."
He softens, pointing at my hands. I look down, realizing my hands are covered in blood with tiny shards of glass in them.
"Are you okay," he gasps with concern.
I chuckle, not feeling any pain. My hand quickly heals, the glass disappearing from my palms. "I'm fine. See," I say, holding up my normal looking hands. "My quirk is heal."
Kurugiri smiles in relief. "You are perfect for this," he says softly to himself.
I tilt my head slightly, wondering what he means by that.