Chapter 12

"I don't want to hurt you," Tomura confesses. "I'm scared to get close to you. What if something happens and I hurt you?"
I soften, giving his hand a light squeeze. "You won't hurt me, Tomura Shigaraki."
A small smile creeps onto his lips. "Are you sure?" He relaxes his pointing finger against my cheek, letting his whole hand touch me.
I smile. "See? Even if something were to ever happen, my quirk will make me regenerate."
Tomura still looks at me with a bit of concern.
"I want you to touch me," I say with a light blush. "Don't be afraid of your quirk."
His lip trembles as his eyes tear up. In an instant, he wraps his arms around me tightly in a hug. I melt into him, feeling his hands touching me fully for the first time.
He's not shaking anymore.
"You're not scared of me," his voice cracks. I feel him begin to cry into my shoulder. I hold the base of his head against me and rub his back with my free hand.
"I trust you, Tomura. I know you won't hurt me. I'm not afraid."

I lay in bed with Tomura for a while.
He continues to trace the lines of my hand like he has for the past hour.
A knock comes to the door suddenly.
Kurugiri open the door. "Ray, have you seen," he freezes. "Oh."
I giggle softly, petting Tomura's head.
"I'll leave you two to it then," Kuru says awkwardly. "Just use protection!"
My eyes widen and Tomura tenses up. "What?!"