Chapter 5

TYSM FOR ALL THE READS!

on to the story...

-----

I walked into the library. And, like the entire school, it was gigantic and modern :

I looked around, and just started browsing, since I had 15 min of time before I had to leave for my next class

I looked around, and just started browsing, since I had 15 min of time before I had to leave for my next class. When I reached to the section labeled 'S'. I spotted an interesting book named Shadows. When I reached for it though, another hand appeared. Paler then mine, with a black sleeve. I looked up, surprised since I usually notice when people are about. It gives me headaches, because of their thoughts. Then I remembered my telapethy was off. I'll probably turn it on later, since this person probably won't like it when I read their thoughts. Then I recognize the person under the hood. Tam. My insides flutter, but I back up, letting heim have the book. He says in a quiet voice (we're in a library, remember?) "Sorrry. You can have that book." He says, holding it out. 

I flush, then shake my head. "It's fine. I'll find another one." He shrugs, then takes the book away, handing me another one. It was another copy of it! I smile and taske from his hand.

After quickly thanking Tam, I leave the library. I start walking to my next class, feeling slightly giddy.

----------

The school intercom crackles to life

"Miss Sophie Foster, please come to the office. Sophie Foster, please come to the office."

Mrs. Galvin nods at me, probably happy I can leave without explaoing something else. I had been here ofr 10 minutes and I had already burned off part of the table.

As I enter the office, I see Tam, standing with Biana. I narrow my eyes at her, then turn to the secretary. She smiles, then says "Hi Sophie! These two young people are the tour guides I mentioned earlier! Your tour starts in about 5 minutes.". Tam rolled his eyes at the words tour guides and Biana smiles at the words 5 minutes. I just nod at the secretary, and turn to Tam and Biana. She says "Hey Sophie! Let's go out of this office and talk for a few minuted before starting the tour!". Tam just rolls his yes while I shrug. She leades us out. We sit down on some comfy chaires right outside the office, and I take that moment to study Biana. And by study her, I mean study her thoughts. As I opened my mind to her, her thoughts surprised me. They were all genuine, and not a single was mean. I mean, she was thinking about the thinggs we would do, about inviting me to a sleepover, and about how cute Tammy Boy looked. I almost threw up at that.

I nod slightly, and then ask her "Where are we going first, Biana?" She widened her eyes. "How did you know my name?" She asked, slightly suspicouis. I thought of a thing to say, "Um... You are pretty popular..." I say, trying to hide behind my hair. She just shruggs, and starts talking about everywhere we would go.

----------

After the tour, with mostly Biana talking, she turns to me. "You wanna come over to my house for a sleepover tonight?" she asks.

I freeze.