Chapter 42

Sophie's POV

------------------

"Why do I need a fancy dress to fight bad guys?" I ask, putting a midnight blue dress back on the rack after inspecting the price tag.

Marella puts a white dress back as she shakes her head. "Did you listen to Forkle's debriefing yesterday at all?"

I feel myself turning red. I mean, I did - until he got to the part about what we're supposed to wear. "Um... yeah! I did." I stutter.

Lihn chuckles. "Apparantly, there's a masquarade ball that's being hosted by the Neverseen. They're calling all the important bad people, and the Black Swan thinks that Wylie will be there."

Biana appears, holding about... 10 dresses, "And we need to look the part, too!" She squeals.

I laugh and roll my eyes.

I finger through another rack of dresses, chatting with the girls.

I sigh, not finsing anything.

This was the 9th store we've been to, and I was the only one without a dress.

"Guys, I think I'll just wear some dress I already have. I can't find one that I like." I mumble, looking away.

Biana bites her lip. "Sophie, what about that blue dress you tried on? With the silver lace?"

"Too short."

"The pink one?"

"Too loose, and they don't have it in a different size."

Lihn puts her hand on my shoulder. "Well, what about that white dress you tried earlier?"

I shrug. "I didn't like that one. Too... showy."

I force a smile. "But, what about you guys! Go try on you dresses!" I say, shooing them towards the chaning room.

I slumb down on to the bench outside.

"Sophie, what do you think?" Marella twirls, wearing a cute periwnkle dress.

I clap my hands like a wind-up toy. "It's perfect, and sooooo cute!"

I wink, noticing the color. "And he'll definetly like it!" I say, emphasizing the 'he'.

She slightly turns pink and just rolls her eyes, mumbling something under her breath.

"Ooooooooooh! I love it! Whatda' think, Sophie?" Lihn squeals, spinning as she walks out from behing the curtain, the skirt of her true blue dress spreading.