Chapter 31

A/N - sorry, I had to edit this chapter because I just realized that:

san diego is IN claifronia - so she can't have lived in california before moving here, so I'm changing it to that Sophie lived in OHIO before she moved to CALIFORNIA...

Sophie's POV

------

WE walk out of the room, into my bedroom where the boys were waiting.

We slowly fan out as we come out of the room, and I realize a  bit too late that it means me the person in the very back, is in the middle.

I hold my head high and smirk, looking over the boys' heads as we walk foreward in siync, and when we get to them we all twirl.

Percy nods, impressed. He nods at Biana. "She's almost as good as me, Soph." He says, laughing.

I laugh nervously as Percy realizes what went through his mouth.

You stupid idiot.

I glare at him as Forkle laughs.

"You're secret was to come out someday, Sophie." Forkle says, shaking his head as everyone steals confused glances as we girls sit down.

I look at my lap.

"So, Sophie. We have two ways to do this. You can either tell everyone everything, or you can have the Neverseen use your secrets as your weakness." Forkle says, smiling sadly.

My head jerks up as I glare at Forkle.

I roll my eyes. "It's a choice, huh?" I ask, my hand reaching up to tug me eyelashes.

Percy knows my hand before it can, and I thank him before I ruin my nakeup.

I take a deep breath.

"So, each of you knows some small part of this. I'm a flyer, as you all know." I say, looking at everyone

They all nod.

"I'm also a telepath."

Tam and Biana nods, with Keefe punching the air as if thinking I knew it!  as everyone takes this news in.

I sigh. "The part none of you guys know is that I also have... other abilities. Those aren't as important for you guys to know," I say, shooting a glare at Forkle.

He guestures for me to continue, and I sigh.

I look at the blank wall, and start from the beginnining.

"I was adopted by Edaline and Grady when I was 5. Before I moved here, I lived in Ohio." I start, projecting a picture of our old home.

" I start, projecting a picture of our old home

I take a deep breath. "Our neighbors were the Ignis family. Their middle son, Ruy, was my best friend until we were 14." I say, projecting a picture of his family onto the wall as I make the house disappear.

"On my fourteenth birthday, he asked me out. After a couple dates, we started to date officially. I was 14, he was 15 at the time." I say.

"A year later that day, on our dating anniversary, we were at the beach. After our picnic, he had given me this. He had a matching one without the gem." I go over to my closet and pull out a cobalt blue box.

It held a ring. 

I passed it around, glaring at the ring as everyone inspected it.

I projected a bigger version of both rings on the wall.

"Wait, he proposed?" Keefe asks incredulously.

I shake my head, angry tears pricking my eyes.

"No. It was a promise ring. It was supposed to signify that we would always be together, always have each others' backs." I say, my voice getting louder with each word.

I take a deep breath, trying to calm down.

"As we watched the sunset that night, he got a phone call. He was right next to me when he got the news. His older brother had been in a car crash."

I take another deep breath. I clap my hands, and a punching bag lowers from the ceiling.

"Jackson dies a little later that day, and Ruy was never the same. He became dark, and wouldn't come out of his room."

I start punching the bag furiously. "He broke up with me a week later, saying he couldn't handle a relationship right now. I was heartbroken. A month or two later, I got news that Ruy had run away. I wouldn't speak for over 3 months." 

"And that's it." I say, whirling back around to everyone.

"That's all there is to me. The one and only, broken, Sophie Elizabeth Foster. Happy, everyone?" I ask, glaring at everyone in turn.

I lean back and fold my hands across my arms, glaring.

Mr. Forkle sighs. "You kids. Have it your way, Sophie." He says, and turns to everyone.

"I have contacted all your parents already, and you will be sleeping here tonight." He says.

I shoot upright.

Holy malloment, I curse.