Epilouge.

Two Years Later

I feel around on the nightstand for my phone to cut the alarm off. I look and see it's 6:30am, I let out a sigh.

Today is the first day of school so I know I can't lay in the bed this morning. Halle is now 14 starting 8th grade. My baby Aimee celebrated her 5th birthday a couple of months ago, and will be starting kindergarten today. Both my babies are so big now, I know for a fact I'm going to cry dropping Aimee off for school.

I smile softly feeling arms wrapped around my body. I lift up the covers to see my baby boy, Carson, wrapped around me. Lol so much for waiting three years to have a baby. Three months after our little weekend getaway in Miami, I found out I was pregnant. I was a little upset but not really, especially with the way Shawn was nutting in me that weekend. It was bound to happen.

I remember the night I told Shawn I was pregnant, this jackass response was "Just call me Steph Curry cause I don't ever miss". When we told our family and friends, everyone was beyond happy for us. And that made me feel even better about being pregnant.

My first pregnancy was definitely an experience. I had the worst morning sickness ever my first trimester, to the point where I couldn't even get out of the bed some days. The second and third trimester was a breeze though. I did fulfill my wish of having an at home water birth. It was the most beautiful thing being surrounded by my loved ones. Even my mom was able to attend my birth. Labor wasn't hard for me at all, the connection I felt with my son just made things so much easier.

On June 17, 2023 at 6:30pm, Carson Corey Carter was born. I remember holding him for the first time and crying my eyes out. I already felt like a mother with Aimee, but bringing a child into this world is the most beautiful thing ever, and I can't wait to do it again.

Not wanting to wake Carson up just yet, I headed to Halle's room to wake her up for school. I opened the door to see her bed empty. I turned my head when I heard the bathroom door open.

"Morning BB." Halle said walking out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her.

"Not you up already. Who you so excited to see?" I playfully asked.

"Nobody." Halle blushed.

"Nobody meaning a little boy named Kylerrrr." I teased.

"BB stop. I'm just excited to start a new year of learning." We both looked at each other before busting out laughing.

Kyler was a boy Halle met this summer that just moved to the area. They hit it off and quickly became friends, which turned into them both having crushes on each other. With her only being 14, she is still not allowed to date, but a crush never hurt nobody.

"Let me go wake your sister up." I sighed.

"Good luck with that." Halle chuckled.

Aimee is the heaviest sleeper known to man. A tornado could come through the house right now, and she wouldn't move an inch.

"I'll cook breakfast once I'm done getting dressed." Halle added.

"Your the best." I kissed her cheek before heading out her room.

I entered Aimee's room to see her sprawled out in the bed. One leg hanging off, while her covers barely covered her. I laughed to myself.

"Chipmunk." I said gently shaking. "Time to get up for school."

"Nooo" she groaned, turning her body the opposite direction.

"Aimee let's not do this today. Get up" I sternly said. I watched as her body didn't move an inch. I sucked my teeth. "Alright, guess I have to go get the water bucket." I said standing up.