1.

"Don't forget that you have a test on chapters 5-7 Monday" my professor announced as everybody gathered their things leaving class

I closed my Microsoft Surface Book and packed it up in my bag along with my notebook. This is my fall semester at New York University as a junior, studying nursing. People are always shocked that I am a junior considering I am only 19 years old. But I took dual enrollment in high school which put me a year ahead the rest of my class.

I grabbed my things and headed to the student union to meet my best friends Nicki & Michelle. At the end of every week we meet at the student union to grab something to eat and talk. I meet Nicki & Michelle in my freshman seminar class. We sat in the same row and have been inseparable since. I am really thankful for them because when I first moved to New York I knew no one besides my godfather, so they really made me feel comfortable and adjust to the new life.

"Hey y'all" I say to Nicki & Michelle as I sit at the table. They both already have their food & drinks, and they have also ordered mine.

"Hey BB" Michelle, or Chelle for short, sweetly says. She's definitely the angel on my shoulder when it comes to everything, she is the sweetest person ever but if need be can definitely get into somebody ass.

"HeY Y'aLl, two years here and you still got that thick ass country accent" Nicki laughs. And this is Onika, Nicki for short, the obvious devil on my shoulder. This girl is sassy as fuck, very outspoken, and doesn't bite her tongue for no one. I like to think I'm a mix of Michelle & Nicki, very sweet and friendly but will put somebody in check really quick.

"Shut up, thank y'all for ordering my food because I am starving" I respond while digging right into my food.

"I can tell" Chelle states while looking at me demolish my food. "Them nursing classes kicking your ass?"

"Sorta kind of. It's really just my introduction to microbes and disease class. Besides the material being difficult to grasp the professor is a jackass"

"It's always that one professor that is going to give you a rough time" I nod my head agreeing with Nicki. "But you got this Bey"

"Yeah if I know anybody who can get through this it is you" Chelle agrees.

"Aww thanks you guys. I don't know what I would do without y'all"

"And you'll never have to find out" they both say at the same time.

We continue our conversation, once we are done with our food we say our goodbyes. When I get in my car I immediately turn on my favorite album right now by my favorite artist, 'Shea Butter Baby' by Ari Lennox. I love her personality and voice so much. Me and the girls went to her concert last week, we definitely had the time of our lives.

I park in the garage across from my apartment building, grab my things and lock my door. As I head across the street to my apartment a man approaches me out of nowhere.

"Excuse me miss, do you mind if you could spare me some change?" he asks. I look up to see him in some worn out clothes and a hat.

"Um sure" I dig into my purse and the first thing I grab is a $20. I proceed to hand the money to the him. He looks at me shocked as he takes the money.

"Thank you so much ma'am" he states graciously.

"No problem, you have a blessed day" I say while continuing to walk to my building.

On the elevator ride up to my apartment I just sit back and reflect on my day. The elevator ride was pretty long seeing as I live on the 30th floor of the building. The ding knocks me out of my thoughts and I head to my apartment. As usual my dog Princess is right at the door to greet me.

"Hey girl, I missed you" I exclaim while petting her. I head to my living room.

My name is Beyoncé Giselle Knowles and as I stated earlier I am 19 years old

My name is Beyoncé Giselle Knowles and as I stated earlier I am 19 years old. I moved to New York when I was 18, and I can't say it was for school because I originally was supposed to go to Texas Southern University but that all changed when my dad died.

My dad died three weeks after my high school graduation due to a heat attack. I was the biggest daddy's girl ever, I always wanted to be around him. My dad took care of me and made sure I had everything I ever wanted and needed in life, including showing me unconditional love. So me losing him was the hardest thing for me to deal with. My mom left my dad when I was nine years old, for whatever reason, and never looked back. After my dad's funeral I wanted nothing to do with Texas so I moved up to New York where my godfather, Idris lived.

My dad owned an investment company that my godfather took over when he died. His company was very successful, which made him able to leave me a $5 million dollar inheritance. Once my dads side of the family realized I inherited all that money & figured out I wasn't going to share any of it with them, they cut off all communication. So the only family I had was my godfather.

Outside of buying this apartment, my car, and paying for my college tuition, I barley touch my inheritance. I don't need to because my godfather gave me a black card to use for all my expenses.

There is never a day that goes by that I don't wish that I still had my dad with me. But I'm slowly but surely learning how to cope with his death. I really felt like I was alone in the world until Nicki & Michelle came around. They have been their for me since day one and I love them to death.

I shook the thoughts out of my head and headed to my room to change so that I could cook something and do some homework.